mtl50

When does it go from fun to obsession?

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

My wife wants the house back! Lol. Seriously, it has turned into an obsession/addiction even though I do use most of them. 

20190401_215313.jpg

20190401_215304.jpg

20190401_215256.jpg

You’re not there yet bud you just have a small place, the problem lies in your surroundings not you. You just need more room. I suggest you keep buying gear so when you move into a bigger house it won’t look empty. 

I took part in a yard sale event with a local kayak shop. I set up my stuff. You can’t  imagine the amount of time I was asked if I owned a sporting store. Here’s your sign. 

17 mins ago, afterhours said:

I don't see a problem there :).

Agreed, looks like a good starting point. Obsession comes much later.

1 hour ago, mtl50 said:

My wife wants the house back!

Ya think? Jeez! get that sh-t out of the living room. LMAO!

Posted (edited) · Report post

It goes from fun to obsession when you become obsessed and stop having fun. Is it a fishing obsession or a plug/lure obsession? Does it make a difference if the obsession results in catching? Cuz if there's not fish being caught from the resulting obsession (or fun, I love buying new gear) then that's just crazy, or a person passionate about fishing. Go git'em my man!!

Best Matt

Edited by mattyboyee

I stopped obsessing about pointless stuff and started enjoying the outdoors. I don’t over buy stuff anymore and only buy what I use. The obsession is being at the right spot at the right time. 

My wife and I went to see a physchologist/therapist/counselor/whatever about our daughters problem hitting her cousin and little brother.  After getting some background information about our daughter and the family dynamics she turns to me and says, “Andrew, you have a fishing addiction.  When your wife is talking to you you are not present.  You are thinking about fishing.”

Check.  Mate.