Frugal Fisherman

No alcohol at Sandy Hook

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/3/2019 at 6:56 AM, cartopper said:

Add alcohol to this mix and you’ll have increased tragedy.  

So be it.  I am for people making their own choices. 

I would gladly give up some knucklehead who doesnt know when to quit drinking and ends up drowning if I can enjoy a beer while camping with my family.

It sounds harsh, but apply it ot other areas of your own life and you will likely agree with the concept, if not the practice.

Edited by 55555s

On 4/3/2019 at 5:35 PM, Danny1199 said:

Good. 

My father always said if you wanna go fishing, go fishing. If you wanna go drinking, go to a bar. 

Always hate to see stinking drunk slobs making all of us look bad down the shore...

What a myopic, linear  mindset your father had.   Did you ever take a leak while taking a crap?   Have a glass of wine while eating dinner?  Listen to music while driving?

On 4/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, SIC34 said:

Nobody cleans up their crap either.  There are no real garbage cans there and a lot of the people are too lazy to carry out what they bring in. I've seen plenty of piles of bottles/cans left in the lots and on the beach. 

Thats a shame and disgusting.  Too bad they cant nab those people.

Check to see if it's possible to get a permit for the Goya....

The restriction does not apply to visitors having weddings at the Sandy Hook Chapel or others with permits.

12 hours ago, 55555s said:

I would gladly give up some knucklehead who doesnt know when to quit drinking and ends up drowning if I can enjoy a beer while camping with my family.

It sounds harsh, but apply it ot other areas of your own life and you will likely agree with the concept, if not the practice.

12 hours ago, 55555s said:

Sound, logical and well thought out!

#knucklehead

Edited by cartopper

1 min ago, cartopper said:

Sound, logical and well thought out!

#knucklehead

Ad hominem.   

Should we ban motorcycles?  Ladders?  Skiing?  Have you any concept of how many people get TBI from doing/using them?  

If it saves one life, right?   Hopefully we can all get on board and ban enough stuff to save the world.  

Edited by 55555s

On 4/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, 55555s said:

Thats a shame and disgusting.  Too bad they cant nab those people.

Hey Ismael, do you realize that by thumbs 'down' on that post that you are coming down on the side of NOT wanting to catch those who litter.  lol.  No?

You are actually advocating more open and less restricted littering?

This is a weird place.  

On 4/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, 55555s said:

Ad hominem.   

Should we ban motorcycles?  Ladders?  Skiing?  Have you any concept of how many people get TBI from doing/using them?  

If it saves one life, right?   Hopefully we can all get on board and ban enough stuff to save the world.  

Can't believe this is even a topic, if you can't go 3-4 hours without a drink....

The bigger problem is they banned smoking on the beach, now I have to find a way to keep all my vape crap free from the salt water environ.

4 mins ago, Fi**** 2 said:

Can't believe this is even a topic, if you can't go 3-4 hours without a drink....

The bigger problem is they banned smoking on the beach, now I have to find a way to keep all my vape crap free from the salt water environ.

Smokers are the worst but not nearly as bad as Vapers