Frugal Fisherman

No alcohol at Sandy Hook

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Have you ever been to the hook on a summer weekend? Many can’t swim and endanger themselves and the guards.  Add alcohol to this mix and you’ll have increased tragedy.  

Not a lame rule at all.  Plenty of places to consume alcohol.  A National Park is probably not one of them.

Nobody cleans up their crap either.  There are no real garbage cans there and a lot of the people are too lazy to carry out what they bring in. I've seen plenty of piles of bottles/cans left in the lots and on the beach. 

25 years ago I would've been pissed but I dont do my drinking there anymore. You really need a set of balls to drink and drive on 36 anyway.:wag:

As you're driving that main avenue to the beach.

For I don't know how many miles, Maybe 4 or 5.

Every other block is A pizzeria and A strip club. ;)

7 hours ago, Captain Planet said:

I bet the surrounding towns are secretly really upset.  

They write tons of DUI's for NY plates coming out of the hook.  Goodbye revenue stream.  

I couldn't have sworn there is a cop in every parking lot along 35/36 just waiting to pounce. Same goes for sea bright, deal, and allenhurst.  I have NY plate :laugh:

Good. 

My father always said if you wanna go fishing, go fishing. If you wanna go drinking, go to a bar. 

Always hate to see stinking drunk slobs making all of us look bad down the shore...

Burgers and beer at a scenic picnic area (not on the beach) shouldn't be a big deal but, like most things, a few knuckleheads had to go and ruin it for everyone. 

From what I've read, it's the whole park, not just the beaches

I honestly had no idea you could drink there.  I figured you couldn't drink at any public beach.  The cops drive around on 4 wheelers checking.  

Didn't even realize this was a rule, but it seems like a lot of people have bad impressions of people who drink. You don't need to get drunk or be an alcoholic when you drink. I feel it's very easy to have a few beers throughout the day without even feeling a slight buzz, especially if you're just relaxing and fishing.

But I do agree the rule was probably put in place because of a few alcoholics.

Personally, I don't remember the last time I got drunk, especially off of beer. I just enjoy beer a lot.

21 hours ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

Pretty lame if you ask me

what's the problem? you and Gunnison buddies have to find a new place to play?