squammer

Lures for Shimano Teramar SE Medium 7' Rod?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2019 at 8:58 PM, codfish said:

I use light tackle also, so just match the hatch and you will have tight lines:):)

D08F54EC-9EC8-451B-AE33-073550D88DBE.thumb.jpeg.6e41e6b9ec8863db220ec373186c3880.jpeg

I like the look of this one. What is it and what is that jighead?

So far, from what I have learned in this thread, I bought some smaller paddle tail shads from JH Tackle (dark matter fishaholic shads) and some shad jigheads in multiple weights 3/8, 1/2, 3/4oz from Dan Tinman here on the commercial buy/sell. I also bought some jerbaits and lighter 1/8oz shad heads from DOA.com. I also bought some 7' Hogy originals and some unweighted 6/0 hooks w/ keepers to put together for topwater.

Thanks again for the help here.

26 mins ago, chris koltz said:

What did you choose for line on your reel? 

A member here kindly sent me a bit of 20lb FireLine original. I spooled it up on my new Stradic 5000FK. Can't wait to try it out. 

2 mins ago, squammer said:

A member here kindly sent me a bit of 20lb FireLine original. I spooled it up on my new Stradic 5000FK. Can't wait to try it out. 

Great choice. Have you added any top water popper type lures? If not storm chug bugs the 3/8 or 5/8 oz and atoms are both very effective and cast well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, chris koltz said:

Great choice. Have you added any top water popper type lures? If not storm chug bugs the 3/8 or 5/8 oz and atoms are both very effective and cast well.

I will look these up. Thanks. A good point to make and reminded me I bought a 4" floating Tsunami talkin popper which weighed in under 1oz.

EDIT: Just looked up these Atoms and Storm Chug Bugs. Definitely going to buy these too. Lures have the highest fun per dollar ratio of any product sold [for me]. Why not buy a bunch?

Edited by squammer

21 hours ago, chris koltz said:

Top water:)

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

jumpin minnow replace the hooks

I forgot about this one. I bought it in bone color last season when I didn’t understand lure weights. I even bought the strong VMC hooks to replace on it. I forget if I ever did the replacement. Gotta find that one...

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, squammer said:

I forgot about this one. I bought it in bone color last season when I didn’t understand lure weights. I even bought the strong VMC hooks to replace on it. I forget if I ever did the replacement. Gotta find that one...

If you replace both hooks with heavy hooks the lure will have bad action and sink. Just replace one and toss the other one.

Edited by Reed422

55 mins ago, Reed422 said:

If you replace both hooks with heavy hooks the lure will have bad action and sink. Just replace one and toss the other one.

Okay thanks. Use just a tail hook?