Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Out front, MoCo, from 2:30 to 4 pm. Beautiful white water and NE wind. First 45 minutes, nada, then it happened! Solid strike and reel screaming! I knew this was an epic battle. Old Man and the Sea all over again (sans the boat). Spencer Tracey would have nothing on me! I was concerned that I had my small rod and only 20 lb. braid. My hope was to turn her before she hit the rocks. Back and forth we fought! Classic man against beast! No quarter asked and none given. After what seemed like hours, I landed the leviathan. No boga, but she was a good 12 inches and had to go at least that number in ounces! My only regret was that MC55 and Fishless weren't there to record this once in a lifetime battle. I thought about keeping this beauty and having it mounted, but realized it would be a breeder in another 10-15 years. Released to give another angler a shot at immortality! 

At last my 2019 out front skunk is over! 

So glad to hear u didn't snap your rod on that monster like some of our other friends on here.

20181208_082429.jpg

15 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

It’s a April report but not in jersey, Canada rainbows, 78021F52-D62C-4BC1-9696-3F8D1A3A9A2B.jpeg.2f1388bcdb15a8d77bd0f87233584446.jpeg

Nice fish but you can find them like that in NJ or even on Long Island.

2 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Nice fish but you can find them like that in NJ or even on Long Island.

Yeah man i had 4 or 5 like that one at my local mud hole just the other day!  

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Dressed a little warmer for the temperature drop this morning. Got out front cmc just before 5am in a hole found yesterday. NNE was steady and fast wave periods, thought the session was going to be trash after the first 20 mins of nothing then got hits on both of the next casts. Both dropped but 1st one felt decent so mind was quick to change to a happy place. Then the bite turned on. 1st came in @ 31" and released, then 4 more 20" to 27", another keeper sized at 33" with a belly on it. Last one about 24". Had 6 other hits and misses in between until 6:15 am when i had to force myself to leave and get to work on time. Best bass action i've ever had in April. 5 out of the 6 had the belly hook in the side of the lip and rear treble behind the gill plate, the 33" got the rear treble in the roof of the mouth. Chicken Scratch SP was on it. 

4-29-19x31.jpg

4-29-19x33.jpg

Nice to see a positive report, congrats.  Guess the fish are on a slow trip to the north cause there was nothing happening up here this morning.  Was just another walk along the Dead Sea for me today.  Air temp was back in the 30s this morning when I headed out which doesn't help either.  Did see a few gannets diving way way off shore, but no signs of life in close.

7 mins ago, NewWaveDave said:

Lets see yours, breezy....

There is not one single picture of me that I know of anyway, holding a fish. Either salt or fresh. So you can trust me or not. Not worried either way. Actually I try to shake them off ( barbless these days ) without actually handling them. Just me being me, not criticizing anyone. That is one serious fish in the pic. Very nice indeed.

12 hours ago, adoboboy said:

after that game of thrones episode, I'm effin done. Watched every episode from season one at least 5 times each, no exaggeration. RE-watched season 1 to 7 before season 8 started, yes every dam episode again. If only I used that time to fish instead....These damn stupid tv shows that are so damn good...back to fishing. Best of luck to all.

Stopped watching tv a few years ago havent looked back. Amazing how much time there is for other things when you cut the cord.  Everyone does rave about that show though so sometimes i do wonder what im missing out on. 

34 mins ago, adams54 said:

Stopped watching tv a few years ago havent looked back. Amazing how much time there is for other things when you cut the cord.  Everyone does rave about that show though so sometimes i do wonder what im missing out on. 

Only show I watch, 10-12 hours of tv a year. Honestly shows so good it ruins all other shows, nothing else comes close. It’s funny once you stop watching tv it’s hard to go back I cannot sit and watch anymore just can’t do it

Have been in CMC the past few hours. Ugh man, tiny scattered bait in a little pocket and thats been it. Please jesus lord (not actually religous) guide me to the next spot. Do I go north and closer to home, or further south...(If anyone just so happened wanted to give me an even slight tip via message, I wont make a peep!) :howdy:

But really fellas, phew, this is a long skunk spree for me...killing me. Boohoo, I know I know:banghd:

5 mins ago, MonmouthBomberJA said:

So, dont want a spot burn. But can someone let me know nmc and cmc? Is cmc belmarish?

NMC is northern Monmouth county, but cmc for me is cape may county. 

belmarsh?! Thought you meant central mon co.  Thanks. 

Got a new stick. Want to plan tonight accordingly. Not sure if out back or out front. But in Monmouth co.