April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

580 posts in this topic

31 mins ago, Sudsy said:

I saw the radar and chickened out, my bad

Regular spot ??

I was tryin to convince you that it looked like a dry spot for awhile.....lol

Same spot minus the walk.

Went out last night, conditions were not bad at all and not too many folks out. Had a decent bite, but not the type that can get someone of his recliner :howdy:. Caught fish on a ghost mag darter, bone mag darter, sp, bomber and to my surprise a northbar darter. Unfortunately, left my hellraiser sluggo in the car. Tried some metal lips, but just couldnt get a sniff, with those things. Still learning and will persevere. A couple of sharpies showed up where I was, with lighter gear and got into a decent bite before I left. They seemed to be catching fish every few minutes. Im sure their evening was better than mine. But not complaining at all. 

20190419_202233_1555719775945_001.jpg

7 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Went out last night, conditions were not bad at all and not too many folks out. Had a decent bite, but not the type that can get someone of his recliner :howdy:. Caught fish on a ghost mag darter, bone mag darter, sp, bomber and to my surprise a northbar darter. Unfortunately, left my hellraiser sluggo in the car. Tried some metal lips, but just couldnt get a sniff, with those things. Still learning and will persevere. A couple of sharpies showed up where I was, with lighter gear and got into a decent bite before I left. They seemed to be catching fish every few minutes. Im sure their evening was better than mine. But not complaining at all. 

Way to go. You're turning into a seasoned pro!

Broke the skunk. Out back moco last night 11pm-1. 1 at 30 inches and lost a small guy. Bait guys were catching....watched a guy bring in a short told him it was short and hung around to make sure he released it.  

45 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

They got me last night... 

A84BCE35-0187-4021-BD91-5F88EB43C2B8.jpeg

Don't you hate it when the fish fight back! Hope you were able to extract it without to much pain. BTW, that hook doesn't look like the barb is crimped. Easier extract.

51 mins ago, NewWaveDave said:

is that photoshopped or is that a real pic?

Na man, wasn’t photoshopped lol. 

8 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Don't you hate it when the fish fight back! Hope you were able to extract it without to much pain. BTW, that hook doesn't look like the barb is crimped. Easier extract.

All of my rear trebles are either crushed or removed, fronts I like to keep as is. Thats what I get for carrying a boga and never using it..

Unfortunately he didn’t send it all the way through, I had to finish that job on the walk back to the truck for cutters.  The bass still being attached to the rear treble made it....exciting.... :waah:

Edited by Local24 SSP

2 hours ago, adoboboy said:

not gonna lie, I’m not sure if I’m more happy for you, or disappointed that the streak ended