April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Local24 SSP

Out front, MoCo this morning. Strong S wind and tea colored water. Waves were uneven and decent size. Strong S to N sweep. Plenty of white water, but difficult to stay in strike zone. Nada. No evidence of sheds. With this forecast for S and SSE winds, 15-20, thru Sunday, it will be gnarly out front.  

There has been a lot of sand moved around in the last 48 hours. Saw some exposed rocks that I haven't seen since replenishment (in the area I fish). One of my favorite cuts is now filled in, but others have developed. Will head down at low tide to scope things out. New stock of chickens and sacrificial goats should be arriving any day!

One thing I forget to mention; met a surfer named Corey. She was the only one out this morning and was getting the crap beat out of her, but she was a real trooper. Waves were mushy and she was staying close to shore. Hasn't been surfing long, but has that doggit determination. Wished her luck, Nice young woman.

Went out and did some bait and wait today up north. Was feelin lazy as hell, didn't feel like throwing plugs. Just wanted to park my ass in the sand for a while. Met some cool dudes where we parked our cars. No luck for me but saw fish being caught. Tonight looks cool with the storms rolling in and the (9:00 high tide)

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

Will follow what Nam reported.  That SSE wind has done it's damage.  Water temp was lower, getting dirty, more and more junk in the water, and have also noticed a lot of sand movement.  I liked the rolling white water, but with the other crappy condition there wasn't a fish to be found.  No love in the forecast so think we are done for a few days.

Nailed the perch good on grass shrimp. Had a kind fellow a few days ago demonstrate the proper way to hook them, now it's been fish galore. The bite on bloodworms for the perch has seemed to slow down a bit here in Cumberland, grass shrimp seem the key. Saw what I believe to be perch ripping through what I believe to be smelt at an inflow last night. Cool to watch. 

24 mins ago, EricDice said:

I haven’t fished since August. Tonight was supposed to be the night. It’s 25 MPH wind & raining cats & dogs. 

:mad:

Where was the rain?   Nary a drop...tiny bit on the ride home on 287....wind at my back all night.  1st cast blow up...3rd cast fish.

5 fish all between 30 and 36"

3oz super strike sinking little neck in the blueback herring color.  

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Where was the rain?   Nary a drop...tiny bit on the ride home on 287....wind at my back all night.  1st cast blow up...3rd cast fish.

Rained like hell here

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I saw the radar and chickened out, my bad

Regular spot ??

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962