Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

57 mins ago, SPCFudgie said:

Monmouth County in the back Tuesday night lots of shorts and a 17lb that was released. Wind made it a bit challenging , went back last night and had one fish that came unbuttoned. Will be back out there tonight. 

D0B6D703-498B-4C7B-93C1-6461CD84F58E.jpeg

Nice one Frank....tell Charlie I said hello :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one MasterD. 

 

Went out early this morning fishing the incoming but no hits.  The water had tons of straw grass.  Tried different levels on the water column but the lures came back full of crap each and every retrieve.  Waves were strong and perfect for strikes but perhaps just too filthy.  Will try again tonight if work allows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Why ya gotta do that man?... it doesnt do anybody any good. Let the man enjoy his EXCELLENT catch as well as his pops new PB

Sorry.... if that bothered you...but I did say nice fish, nevertherless.

You can still enjoy a 17 lb ish fish while not believing you caught a 35 lb. fish.

It is excellent and hope his Pop's PB will be bested one day.

You can be educated and still enjoy the moment,,,,I know I've been by others much wiser/experienced than I.

Not sure why you should get all bent outta shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Why ya gotta do that man?... it doesnt do anybody any good. Let the man enjoy his EXCELLENT catch as well as his pops new PB

Dragon dont worry about it - i honestly do not care what any one thinks about what size/weight I quoted and maybe i should have just said it was a big fish. My pops gets out a few times a year and so far he has only caught schoolies, so ya i didnt need to measure it to know its his biggest fish. Needless to say when i picked that thing up, i told my dad this weighs as much as my daughter (who weighs 40#) and I pick her up everyday, so i have a general idea of what that weight is and my dad is on the short side at 5'-7" so looking at a pic would be hard to tell the actual size of the fish. Okay maybe a care just a little but whatever tangent rant over, we don't treat this fishery like a d*ck measuring contest, we go, catch some fish and release to swim another day and enjoy ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, MarkG said:

Sorry.... if that bothered you...but I did say nice fish, nevertherless.

You can still enjoy a 17 lb ish fish while not believing you caught a 35 lb. fish.

It is excellent and hope his Pop's PB will be bested one day.

You can be educated and still enjoy the moment,,,,I know I've been by others much wiser/experienced than I.

Not sure why you should get all bent outta shape.

You know your stuff, i totally get it, but those types of comments are meant for the bookface crowd. Thats the biggest difference between this place and the googans on social media.

 

No hard feelings man. Looks like CrazyNate explained his weighing philosophy and I think he might be more accurate than a boga :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S and SE winds into late Sunday! 15-30 mph. We can't catch a break. I just used the last of the chickens for a stew and sold the remaining goats off! Guess I'll have to pick up some more. The Out Front Fish Gods haven't been fully appeased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out early when the wind was just about starting and the surf was just beginning to kick up a bit.  As the morning went on the water conditions only got better.  Nice roll to the surf with clean white water hitting the sand.  By the time I left the wind was really kicking in so things might be going downhill, especially with the wind more out of the SE.  Another confirmation the micro bass have moved in without their mommas or papas.  Hooked 5 with a number of other bumps.  Gannets were in close just looking around but not diving, so again, no obvious food source around to get'em chomping.  Back out in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crzynate25 said:

Dragon dont worry about it - i honestly do not care what any one thinks about what size/weight I quoted and maybe i should have just said it was a big fish. My pops gets out a few times a year and so far he has only caught schoolies, so ya i didnt need to measure it to know its his biggest fish. Needless to say when i picked that thing up, i told my dad this weighs as much as my daughter (who weighs 40#) and I pick her up everyday, so i have a general idea of what that weight is and my dad is on the short side at 5'-7" so looking at a pic would be hard to tell the actual size of the fish. Okay maybe a care just a little but whatever tangent rant over, we don't treat this fishery like a d*ck measuring contest, we go, catch some fish and release to swim another day and enjoy ourselves.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.