Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

12-230am out back. Loads of big adult bunker around but nothing big around eaten on em. Still managed three micros and two dink’s pushing 20”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First fish for me for the season - 3 about 30" all fish still swimming and my Pops PB surf fish! We didnt measure or weigh as we quickly unhooked, snapped a pic and sent her on her way. But my guess is about 40" and 35#, weighed enough that he couldnt pick her up after the fight. All in all fun night to be out.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.52.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.51.58 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out front cmc this morning. Woke up to more wind than the forecast i fell asleep to. Plenty of waves in close and fast periods in some spots. Tried plugging a few closer cuts, then BT for a bit, finished with a 2oz DD for some distance. Eventually got an 18" and 13" near the 2nd bar. Fishing a more southern state over the weekend, the forecast looks like **** there tomorrow and Saturday so going to be another crap shoot for me there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time out front in 2019. Moco 530-8. Was waiting for the curse to be broken before planning a trip out front. Not sure how many animals were sacrificred but whatever mc55 and nam worked. 4 bass low 20s and numerous bumps to keep it interesting.

 

Edited by adams54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have reported, decent numbers of micro bass outfront, MonCo the past few days. All on small plugs/soft plastics. Got some big wind and water coming our way next few days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Tried one spot in moco and no bait and no fish....went to second location where I found bunker. Missed four fish all on big plugs 

Misery loves company.

 

idk about you but I was hooking into them, sometimes 5 feet from me and sometimes 50yds out, but the hooks pulled every time.

 

5/6 on hookups with good fish and only landed 1 :banghd:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crzynate25 said:

First fish for me for the season - 3 about 30" all fish still swimming and my Pops PB surf fish! We didnt measure or weigh as we quickly unhooked, snapped a pic and sent her on her way. But my guess is about 40" and 35#, weighed enough that he couldnt pick her up after the fight. All in all fun night to be out.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.52.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.51.58 AM.png

Sending back a personal best without a measure...Pops is high character sportsman. Well done both of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Misery loves company.

 

idk about you but I was hooking into them, sometimes 5 feet from me and sometimes 50yds out, but the hooks pulled every time.

 

5/6 on hookups with good fish and only landed 1 :banghd:

What started making me miserable was the guy asking me a thousand questions.... I ignored at some point. I don’t mind helping people out but you gotta do most of the work. Trial and error is the best teacher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crzynate25 said:

First fish for me for the season - 3 about 30" all fish still swimming and my Pops PB surf fish! We didnt measure or weigh as we quickly unhooked, snapped a pic and sent her on her way. But my guess is about 40" and 35#, weighed enough that he couldnt pick her up after the fight. All in all fun night to be out.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.52.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.51.58 AM.png

I'm sorry...none of the pix look like close to 40"/35 lb. fish ....but nice fish nevertheless.

I would carry a scale and tape or tape your rod at 28"/35"/40"

Edited by MarkG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

What started making me miserable was the guy asking me a thousand questions.... I ignored at some point. I don’t mind helping people out but you gotta do most of the work. Trial and error is the best teacher. 

I had the exact same thing happen. 2 different people must’ve thought I was

Mr. Miyagi. Both wanted to ask me every question they could come up with. 

 

To top off the night, an hour into a mediocre bite and there’s people everywhere with lines getting casted over n around me. I bailed shortly after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monmouth County in the back Tuesday night lots of shorts and a 17lb that was released. Wind made it a bit challenging , went back last night and had one fish that came unbuttoned. Will be back out there tonight. 

D0B6D703-498B-4C7B-93C1-6461CD84F58E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.