Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

Chased reports for the second night in a row. Fished out front OC, night shift,  last 2 hours of the outgoing into slack and a little past.  Not a tap.  Threw the entire bag.  I have a charter trip scheduled next week, I think I'm hanging it up till then. 

Second thought: If anyone wants to fish with me shoot me a PM, I'm serious about the craft, 43, and won't slow you down.  I'm definitely not a novice, but weeks like this one make me think I could use a little mentoring.  Just a thought, cheers.

Got out front cmc this morning 5-615am. Figured it would be a little rougher out there with the wind against the incoming tide but was actually fairly clean. Nothing for 1st 30 mins after moving around then got a bump and solid hookup. Thought it was a 20# but ended up being a foul hooked 30" with a funky upper lip, still swims with the fishes. Couple mins later about a 20" and then 15" and done. SP. Beats my earliest keeper sized by 10 days. Back on it tomorrow. 

4-16-19x30.jpg

44 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Got out front cmc this morning 5-615am. Figured it would be a little rougher out there with the wind against the incoming tide but was actually fairly clean. Nothing for 1st 30 mins after moving around then got a bump and solid hookup. Thought it was a 20# but ended up being a foul hooked 30" with a funky upper lip, still swims with the fishes. Couple mins later about a 20" and then 15" and done. SP. Beats my earliest keeper sized by 10 days. Back on it tomorrow. 

4-16-19x30.jpg

Pugnose. Haven't caught one of those in awhile.

My kids and I went out to the hook on Saturday and fished 9am to 7pm starting on the ocean side and moved to the back second half of the day.  Got skunked but I had a great time watching my kids learning to cast the big rods and consistently getting better with them.  We fished high and low tides and threw clams, bunker, sandworms, silver spoons, top waters in bone and minnow color, white bucktails and maybe a few others I may have forgotten.  Even without the fish it was an awesome day with some good learning experiences in finding new places to fish and also learning that I don't need to take every piece of tackle that I own when dragging a beach cart through the sand.  We are hoping to get back out to try night fishing in the next couple of weeks.

went out this AM in cumberland, got 2 small eels and a catfish, had a decent pulldown but no hookup. Got sick of the eels and called it quits. Muddy waters

2 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

4-16-19x30.jpg

Nice job.  Always good to see a keeper caught out front down our way from the sand.  

9 hours ago, SPCFudgie said:

pic of the fish from my prior report. Best part was watching her swim away! 

B9261CE6-543D-4C2D-8162-1316E99115DA.jpeg

Very nice fish Fudge. Now I know how to hold my next fish, next time around. 

10 hours ago, SPCFudgie said:

pic of the fish from my prior report. Best part was watching her swim away! 

B9261CE6-543D-4C2D-8162-1316E99115DA.jpeg

Love it when people release the big girls!!

THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN!!!!!  It was only one fish and it was only 24 inches long, but it had fins and stripes so now get out there and find some more.  No more blaming me for the skunks Bob, lol.  Water was a bit stained this morning, but very fishable.  As the pic from MD shows, I could not believe how quickly the tide dropped this morning with that NW wind and how much of a blow out it was going to be.  Saw a bunch of gannets going crazy a mile or so off the beach and a pod of dolphins in a feeding frenzy for 5 to 10 mins.  Not much along the beach to bring any fish in.  No crab sheds or noticeable bait source around.  Light NE wind forecast for the morning which should make for some very nice white water and hopefully hungry stripers. 

DSCF2598.JPG

On 4/13/2019 at 7:33 PM, GeoffT said:

A good start to my season in the new Hobie Outback.  Fish were caught and that made me happy. 

DA166D24-7A55-40A5-AA45-21F280B260D0.png

ED011169-08E8-4825-93BD-6427E6B864BC.png

21CC488E-C8F5-4514-AFF5-38217B9E6F22.png

24CAE663-70AE-4567-9F2E-A3C7CC60B6DE.png

Trolling or casting?  Clams/worms or soft-plastics, buck-tail, SP minnow?  Just curious on what kind of bait profile they were interested in.  Thanks and good job!  I'm trying out my new (Native) pedal drive yak in a few weeks . . . can't wait!