Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, fishless said:

Bottom line you're not gonna know if you don't go.  See ya tonight where I will most likely fail to create a report. 

 

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, nandocoelho said:

Goldy

  • photo-24207.jpg
  •   
    • BST Users
    • 718 posts

Nice fish on tide this morning.  Died out quickly after outgoing.  

 

My day ended in rage. A guy rolled up in a kayak and just started unloading fish.  Easily two 35+# fish.  And i started screaming and ask him if he knew the regulations. He said yeah 1@48.  I as so heated.  He threw the fish in some big blue sack and backed his car up.  I as so tempted to launch his kayak without him and let the current take it.  

 

We called fish and game as there were more yaks out there prob doing same thing.   

 

A few hours later my blood was still boiling.  

 

If anyone has suggestions and how to get fish and game quicker let me know. 

 

 

 

 

 
I read this post today and couldn’t answer there because that topic was close...
 
the number u should call is:
Department of environmental protection 
1-877-927-6337
 
this is a 24-hour hotline.

I'm a little confused - according to the NJDEP Div of Fish & Wildlife, " New Jersey recreational striped bass regulations in all state waters are as follows: One fish 28" to less than 43" AND one fish 43" or greater".  Where is the 2019 regulation 1@48"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, FlatWing said:

I'm a little confused - according to the NJDEP Div of Fish & Wildlife, " New Jersey recreational striped bass regulations in all state waters are as follows: One fish 28" to less than 43" AND one fish 43" or greater".  Where is the 2019 regulation 1@48"?

There isnt. You are correct.   The guy was a professional poacher.  Point is he had 4-5 large breeder fish which was clearly illegal.   I should have recorded him with my phone and license plate. 

 

We reported him and fish and game is in the area looking because it is a hot spot for breeders    

 

I appreciate all the PMs with information and as long as others on this site help out as well we are all doing our part to help save the fish we love to catch from illegal poaching.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

There isnt. You are correct.   The guy was a professional poacher.  Point is he had 4-5 large breeder fish which was clearly illegal.   I should have recorded him with my phone and license plate. 

 

We reported him and fish and game is in the area looking because it is a hot spot for breeders    

 

I appreciate all the PMs with information and as long as others on this site help out as well we are all doing our part to help save the fish we love to catch from illegal poaching.  

 

 

We could all keep our eyes open if we knew who to look for. Not necessary to say where this happened, but a description of the kayak and the car he was driving would be helpful. Who, what, when, and how, just leave out the "where ". Treat  your observations  like an amber alert on this thread.  Right now every kayak user is a suspect.  The guilty parties are likely lurking on this website and smell the coffee and donuts. This issue, solely left to the bare bones overworked, but dedicated fish and game officers will likely  remain an unsolved mystery. 

Edited by yarddog59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goldy said:

There isnt. You are correct.   The guy was a professional poacher.  Point is he had 4-5 large breeder fish which was clearly illegal.   I should have recorded him with my phone and license plate. 

 

We reported him and fish and game is in the area looking because it is a hot spot for breeders    

 

I appreciate all the PMs with information and as long as others on this site help out as well we are all doing our part to help save the fish we love to catch from illegal poaching.  

 

 

I thought you said he had fish in the 35 pound class.  This time of year that would put them in the mid 40 inch range.  Didnt you also say you only saw 2 fish unloaded but thought he had more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only saw FOUR fish unloaded and at least two of them were OVER 35#s. 

 

I mean christ i didnt boga weigh and measure each one.  

 

I notified fish and game of this location as it is a hot spot for yak launching and poaching. 

 

Im not going to provide more details into this on what color truck or color yak. 

 

The public service announcement is for everyone who reads this thread to be on the look out for poachers and take down license plate or videos ( which i did not do but will going forward).  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tried last evening but it was short lived. Went to a spot that was completely exposed to the heavy south winds. Could barely fling out anything. Would of been better going to a couple of spots that were a bit more protected. Anyway. Up to 40 mph this afternoon on the coast. it will be going from N.W to W.N.W so hopefully it stays clean. I'll take a peak later.

Edited by joefishnj21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Anyone trying today? Heard gusty winds on the radio.

Turn the radio off. Those gusty winds will go away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goldy said:

I only saw FOUR fish unloaded and at least two of them were OVER 35#s. 

 

I mean christ i didnt boga weigh and measure each one.  

 

I notified fish and game of this location as it is a hot spot for yak launching and poaching. 

 

Im not going to provide more details into this on what color truck or color yak. 

 

The public service announcement is for everyone who reads this thread to be on the look out for poachers and take down license plate or videos ( which i did not do but will going forward).  

 

 

Please, when in doubt call the fish police. They would like to hear from us more, not less. If nothing is amiss, no harm done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Anyone trying today? Heard gusty winds on the radio.

Have to find protected areas based on wind direction.

Edited by Sheisty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.