Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, GeoffT said:

Thanks bud!   Just a couple. The rest were small keepers or shorts.  The biguns are up in the Hudson now, spawning. 

Big ones were here a little over a week ago pretty heavy. Pretty fun stuff while it lasted. Still alot of fish to get but not the kamikaze hit almost every cast with keepers. I've found them very spread out now.

Edited by FishingmaniYaks
More info...

Out front, MoCo, mid afternoon. Foggy, and SE wind. Water feels like it got colder. Nice white water. Nada. The MC55 induced curse on out front fishing continues. Getting close to when a sacrifice will have to be made to the Fish Gods! Don't know if a chicken or goat will be enough!

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Out front, MoCo, mid afternoon. Foggy, and SE wind. Water feels like it got colder. Nice white water. Nada. The MC55 induced curse on out front fishing continues. Getting close to when a sacrifice will have to be made to the Fish Gods! Don't know if a chicken or goat will be enough!

CxB5PPBWEAAitJx.jpg

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Does this count as a skunk?  

531BDD9D-2538-41D7-98C3-2EC64C322C2C.jpeg

Yep. And thats why im fat coz of all of my skunks. Nothing like a doughnut/s/dozen after a skunk. 

3 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Nam ill offer myself as the sacrificial pig if you dont mind. Ill head on over in the coming days. Maybe a skunk session from me will lift the curse. I need some space after all the craziness in the bayside. Too many people....i had to turn on my red light today so a bait guy wouldnt cast  my way, but he still did. I like skunking alone :hypocrite:

6 hours ago, SPCFudgie said:

1 fish tonight for me Monmouth County 28lbs on a glider released to fight another day. Outgoing water. Lost the glider two casts later 

Lost a big mag darter myself....said to myself what could I possibly snag out here and while walking back I stumbled upon a tire. :banghd: :mad:

It's over. The googans have arrived in full force at the local jetty's, fishing 5 rods when they can't even handle one, crapping on the rocks - they don't even have the decency to crap on someone's lawn chair, they just do it put in the open, disgusting. 

Yesterday, 4/14 Me and the kid Fished MC in the back around 7:30-9:30. A lot of people and about 12 kayakers but didn’t see much caught. I didn’t even get a tap. Tide dropped quick. We Switched it up and fished MC out Front 10-12ish and got 2. One 25” and one 21” both on the SP. (I let him reel ‘em in). Then the fog and wind started picking up a bit. Not bad for the first trip out. Last night’s storm was brutal. Might try again today in the evening depending on the weather/water conditions...Otherwise it looks like a day on the boardwalk with the kid...

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Lost a big mag darter myself....said to myself what could I possibly snag out here and while walking back I stumbled upon a tire. :banghd: :mad:

Was thinking the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

The town I launched from on Sat did a beach cleanup, 65 ppl showed, they pulled out an axle complete with wheels.  When u think about it, it probably took more effort to put it there then dispose of it properly.  :dismay:

Got a few hours in on the kayak over the wknd, pulled a few fish, dropped way more.  All in and around 10 feet of water. 

Found a few fish MoCo yesterday fishing the drop from about 11am to 3pm. Nothing sizeable but the hits were aggressive. Water temp was the warmest I've felt all year; definitely into the low/mid 50's. No bait visible either.