Local24 SSP

April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

849 posts in this topic

My son got a delicious 33 incher we just at....Maybe there should be a forum just for the catch and release guys. Regulations allow fish to be taken. Kind of tired of hearing about it. People who legally harvest fish are good people too you know. I believe the slot limits need to be changed though. Let the big girls swim.

i have no problem with people taking a fish every once in awhile, but I think we can all agree that OUR fishery is in danger, and we gotta do something about it.

1 hour ago, yosco said:

Who is the maker of the plug under the fish

in the top pic? Congrats on the catch. 

I have no idea,I got it at a Fishing Flea Market this spring for $10 ....   

It has no markings on it ...  But its only 5,25 inches and weighs in at 1.7 oz ... 

It runs deeper than my usual Gibbs Danny ....

Catches though ..  That was my first fish of the Season...

10 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished the last two hours of the incoming and managed several fish....biggest fish was about 25 pounds. There’s gotta be a 30+ around here somewhere :shrug: 

Nice    Congratulations on the 25 ....

2nd time out, figures with the finally spring like temps had to take advantage. Stumbled on a mother load of big big bunker in a spot I have only ever caught small fish. I was unprepared to match that hatch but ended up with my first two fish of the season both at 24”. Bunker unfortunately seemed unmolested for the most part

20 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

No....fillin' the lockers.

Since this is a fishing reports thread I will tell you that pic was taken from a charter boat out of Shark River Inlet.  7 smallish fish taken for the table and you point to that as bad.  No overs were kept (nobody in their right mind would keep those anyway), but hardly the wanton carnage you are seeming to espouse here.

Personally I would never charter for stripers, but if they are running by I'd throw a shad to them for the fun.  And I have.

"Striped bass are overfished and overfishing is occurring" - yet people still kill pre-spawn breeders full of eggs at an alarming rate and claim it as "their right". Put your egos aside and be part of the solution, not the problem. :howdy:

Took a look out back CMC when the rain stopped this morning. Low tide and didn't see anything swimming. Ran out front for an hour and eventually found 3 rats with a combined length of about 30" in a 10 minute period. 4" rip tide mullet on 3/8 oz. Then nothing the last 20 minutes. Might have time to fool around after work today. 

9 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished the last two hours of the incoming and managed several fish....biggest fish was about 25 pounds. There’s gotta be a 30+ around here somewhere :shrug: 

Don't get greedy now. :p