April 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Local24 SSP

6 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fun night in moco....first two plugs out of the bag didn’t produce then the Redfin came out and it was game on. Caught a dozen with several keepers in the mix. Two of them were fatties full of eggs about 15 pounds 

NICE! how was weather last night? Thought I heard rain on roof. Either way. Good on you. Nice catches 

Edited by joefishnj21

Skunked for me inshore again this morning.  Cold water and no signs of bait.  Threw everything in the bag.  After three hours of nothing I knew it was time to call it quits when a seal popped up and began swimming around right where I was casting. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

20 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Big temperature drop in the water, lots of cold water pushed in with the new moon.Plenty of cloud cover, to go along with the light rain. When the air temperature dropped some thick fog set in as well.

I haven’t been keeping tabs on the temps and I honestly didn’t feel like wading into cold water but it was warm enough to comfortably stand in 

Boston Strong

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fun night in moco....first two plugs out of the bag didn’t produce then the Redfin came out and it was game on. Caught a dozen with several keepers in the mix. Two of them were fatties full of eggs about 15 pounds 

Nice. I went looking for a spot to shelter from wind.  U must have locked in a nice spot.  Was snotty as heck last night.  

9 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Took my inflatable out today to see what has been under all these birds. Well found the fish and they all had sea lice on them very nice quality too. All released. My son keeps getting his PB fish every year. Pretty good times. All fish in deeper water this morning. 

20190406_101639.jpg

Outstanding! 

23 hours ago, gameover said:

Probably asked many times before, does it matter if fishing during high tide or low tide? Low tide in back bay seems more shallow and less attractive for fish to come in closer but I don't know, just started fishing last year and didn't have much luck in low tide except for occasional fluke on a bucktail.

In general you just want the water moving, incoming or outgoing ( you can certainly catch some fish at slack, it’s just much less common)  Obviously if the water is 1” deep there won’t be a bass there, but if the water is a foot deep with a good seam with some current? you could be in business.

Every spot fishes differently at different levels of tide/current/moon/temperature/etc, it’s up to you to figure out the patterns.  I have spots that only produce at the end of outgoing, and others only at the end of incoming.  And every once in a while those patterns will break and fish will completely surprise you. Good luck out there.

2 hours ago, bbfish said:

In general you just want the water moving, incoming or outgoing ( you can certainly catch some fish at slack, it’s just much less common)  Obviously if the water is 1” deep there won’t be a bass there, but if the water is a foot deep with a good seam with some current? you could be in business.

Every spot fishes differently at different levels of tide/current/moon/temperature/etc, it’s up to you to figure out the patterns.  I have spots that only produce at the end of outgoing, and others only at the end of incoming.  And every once in a while those patterns will break and fish will completely surprise you. Good luck out there.

Thanks Slowride/bbfish, good advice, looks like I have to put in time to find patterns/currents.