riverrunner

Susquehanna 2019 - 2020

26 posts in this topic

Hey fellow river rats, how it be ?

I got out on the drop. Nasty big south wind day.  10 to 15 mph, cold as fuq.

It dropped from 8 down to 6.3 when I was out. The usual suspects showed up.   :laugh:

No big girls....they aren't even egged up yet. Lotta dinks and a few better than average. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Way to go RR, great pics and thanks for posting!! Wasn't expecting to catch anything and had to run back to the car for my phone. :)

Here's my start to 2019............

2019 Smallie #1.jpg

Edited by mdeppen
Update

good 

14 hours ago, riverrunner said:

Pretty water when the wind calmed down.

DSC03917.JPG

DSC03914.JPG

nice fish.  is that a jet drive outboard?  if so is it a must on the susky?

54 mins ago, deep diver said:

... is it a must on the susky?

Edit:

Not a "must" but a must if you want to go where no prop can take you...and make it back home, without swimming back the whole way..

Edited by 99ways2die

^^^ Yes it is a jet. Is it necessary....not when the river is over 5 foot. This river goes up and down like a yo yo particularly in the warmer months. I learned how to run this river with a prop a long time ago. It was quite enlightening.   :laugh:

A jet doesn't take the place of "knowing" the river but it sure does help immensely. I wouldn't run it with a prop again unless I had no recourse.    

1 hour ago, riverrunner said:

^^^ Yes it is a jet. Is it necessary....not when the river is over 5 foot. This river goes up and down like a yo yo particularly in the warmer months. I learned how to run this river with a prop a long time ago. It was quite enlightening.   :laugh:

A jet doesn't take the place of "knowing" the river but it sure does help immensely. I wouldn't run it with a prop again unless I had no recourse.    

thanks for the info. your boat looks like mine..16ft flat bottom sea ark w/50hp yami  but with a prop. i do have a little jack plate on it, i took it off my old salt skiff. 

3 hours ago, riverrunner said:

Nice to hear from you mr.  mdeppen.    Lotta fun coming up.   :howdy:

Thanks buddy - looking forward to it!!

:howdy:

Got a new PB on Friday! Ive hooked into some pretty big ones in my day, but this was by far the biggest one Ive ever actually landed. Put up a helluva fight. Id say it took at least a good 5 minutes to finally get it in the boat. On 10lb test no less!

Spoiler

IMG-4667.JPG.6b2149ff2d657e02adc4e1abf497876c.JPG

Edited by Wheeler

Interesting day.....went out to fish bridge pillars, perfect depth, nuttin. Switched up and found a pattern for the day. Tops of major islands as long as they had a decent break and rock. All islands are not created equal.....they hated the ones that looked great but had mud. Lotta dinks a couple more respectable, none egged up yet.