sailormrfish

kayak
[April 2019] Kayak fishing partnering up

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi all,

It looks like there are many people new to kayak fishing on this forum (myself included.). So I'd like to start an ongoing post for new or experienced people who'd like to partner up before heading on the water.

Post your planned outing general area, dates, preferred group size and experience, and any other details you'd want to add. Please move to private messages to discuss specifics with your buddies.

Ads for last minute outings are welcome too. Please edit your post if you've already buddied up.

Edited by sailormrfish

I'll go first;

- date: week end of April 6 or 7.

- group size preferred: 2 or 3.

- experience: it'll be my first outing! no preference as to the experience of partners.

"western long island" is rather vague. I live in southwestern suffolk and the thought of going to long beach is a turn off. Where on LI do you plan on dropping in? Just bought a new yak, but don't take delivery until the last week of April. Heading to the Florida Keys for some flats fishing first.

I'll throw one in there. Next Sunday, April 7th, heading out in the Delaware Bay from DE side. NW bay area. Trying to get out really early around 6-6:30.

8 hours ago, sailormrfish said:

I'll go first;

- date: week end of April 6 or 7.

- group size preferred: 2 or 3.

- experience: it'll be my first outing! no preference as to the experience of partners.

I msged you on reddit, make 5 more posts so you can receive PMs here. 

3 hours ago, Fishtale7 said:

"western long island" is rather vague. I live in southwestern suffolk and the thought of going to long beach is a turn off. Where on LI do you plan on dropping in? Just bought a new yak, but don't take delivery until the last week of April. Heading to the Florida Keys for some flats fishing first.

It is meant to be vague :) I do not know of a good definition that is generally accepted, but I usually refer to the City, Nassau and western parts of Suffolk as "Western Long Island". No definite plans so far. Let's catch up when you take delivery! Is that your first kayak or just a new one? What did you get?

5 hours ago, sailormrfish said:

It is meant to be vague :) I do not know of a good definition that is generally accepted, but I usually refer to the City, Nassau and western parts of Suffolk as "Western Long Island". No definite plans so far. Let's catch up when you take delivery! Is that your first kayak or just a new one? What did you get?

So what type of drysuit or equivalent did you settle on before your maiden voyage?

Depending on work schedule for tomorrow, might try a quick trip in the afternoon/evening to Raritan Bay. Would be leaving Philly area around 12 or 1. Launching in Raritan roughly 3-3:30.

Company welcome. My plans are some what flexible with timing.

10 hours ago, Rick67 said:

So what type of drysuit or equivalent did you settle on before your maiden voyage?

I got a good Immersion research semi dry top (wrist latex gaskets, tight neoprene neck) that I'm pairing with chest waders. 

19 hours ago, sailormrfish said:

Yes, first yak. Radar 135. 

5 hours ago, sailormrfish said:

I got a good Immersion research semi dry top (wrist latex gaskets, tight neoprene neck) that I'm pairing with chest waders. 

:th:

Thinking about a Saturday (4/6) trip to great bay/ mullica or behind brigantine. Anyone else out that way and looking for company this weekend.

Hello everyone, I am new to this form and would love to find some new friends to go out with. I am looking to fish for stripers in the bay so I can build up enough experience to go out in the ocean this fall.

- date: Any weekend weather depending.

- group size preferred: 2+ 

- experience: I have a lot of experience freshwater fishing in a kayak. I only have a few solo trips in the bay though. I finally got tired of trying to convice my friends that saltwater fishing out of a kayak is suicidal. I want to find some new fishing buddies that aren't wusses. ,John