Great Breakfast this morning

Rate this topic

Angler #1

and also good to see a few of the very old among us and the very young. Phil did a great job on sending one of our own [Sandbar] Calvin on his way towards boot camp for the U S Navy at Great Lakes . I will let Phil say more about how we all feel about what he is about to do serving his country.

We all had some small talk among us and once again sharing what each others interest are and some of talent is simply mind blowing for this old guy to see, what passing on the traditions of fishing is all about . Sorry tp see that a few got sick prior to this day and were unable to make it, you were missed . Hopefully you will be able to make our next event the casting day in the near future.

I am honored to be part of a special group of guys , who show the respect and time honored tradition of sharing the knowledge with out reservations. and something that is worthy of being placed in a Log book of memories . 

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Great meeting everyone today, appreciated getting to put some faces to names and all of the conversations.

Great send off from Phil and thanks Cal for your upcoming service.

Carl- Many thanks from my son and I for the gift plug as well, definitely an above and beyond welcome.

Looking forward to the casting event and hope to see all of you out on the water. 

(*member formerly known as ‘nygnyrredsoxfan’)

Ditch Troll #340

19 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

and also good to see a few of the very old among us and the very young. Phil did a great job on sending one of our own [Sandbar] Calvin on his way towards boot camp for the U S Navy at Great Lakes . I will let Phil say more about how we all feel about what he is about to do serving his country.

We all had some small talk among us and once again sharing what each others interest are and some of talent is simply mind blowing for this old guy to see, what passing on the traditions of fishing is all about . Sorry tp see that a few got sick prior to this day and were unable to make it, you were missed . Hopefully you will be able to make our next event the casting day in the near future.

I am honored to be part of a special group of guys , who show the respect and time honored tradition of sharing the knowledge with out reservations. and something that is worthy of being placed in a Log book of memories . 

very nice morning indeed

11 hours ago, Searobin said:

Great meeting everyone today, appreciated getting to put some faces to names and all of the conversations.

Carl- Many thanks from my son and I for the gift plug as well, definitely an above and beyond welcome.

Looking forward to the casting event and hope to see all of you out on the water. 

It was very nice to meet you and the searobin catcher :th:

troll #122  <*)))<

On 3/30/2019 at 7:20 PM, Searobin said:

Great to meet you and your son, Patrick.  

He obviously has a keen eye for stuff that works in the Ditch!!

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

Yes, it was indeed a great and special time.

As many of you know, Cal has gone from newbie to sharpie in some 3.2 seconds.  (OK, OK, *maybe* I'm exaggerating just a little.)   

I think that I met Cal in one of the first DT breakfasts that I ever attended, so maybe late January, 2016?  At that time, he was completely new to to the salt.  

Carl offered to help him learn the ropes (as I've since learned that he always does), and Cal took those learnings to the Ditch.  As in "I'll look and learn and try all of this" seven to 14 times per week.  (Cal used to call me, and others, for advice back then.  In the last two seasons I called Cal for advice!!)

For our Troll mates who could not attend, I shared with our breakfast mates how proud we are of Cal for his choice of extremely challenging service (Navy BUD/S) and that we are not at all surprised that he was accepted into such an exclusive program, because he has been focused on this and training for this for over a year.

I'm honored to count Cal as a mate, and I have no doubt that he will rock his Navy career.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

5 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Great to meet you and your son, Patrick.  

He obviously has a keen eye for stuff that works in the Ditch!!

Nice meeting you as well and we will definitely give them a shot this season. Always fun to try new things and to meet and learn from new people. Enjoyed the Tog discussions with Saxon as well. See you all at the next outing and hopefully out on the water soon!

(*member formerly known as ‘nygnyrredsoxfan’)

Ditch Troll #340