Trainman327

Penn Ally Boat Rods

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I live in an area where saltwater offshore equipment isn't stocked locally and I just can't find descriptions online that help me with my selection. I'm looking for a boat rod that doesn't have a roller tip. This rod will be used to mount my Squall SQL30VSW while jigging for big grouper, amberjack and other big fish while using huge baits. I'm looking for a 6' to 6'6", heavy power rod with a metal reel seat. I believe there are Ally models that meet this criteria but I can't figure out which ones online. I use the Ally rods for trolling and love them, but I don't like the roller rods while jigging. 

Edited by Trainman327

Trainman,

Only a few of the Ally Rods have the roller tops.  The below model numbers have no roller.  We have them in 5’6” and 6’6”.

Ally Rods with no Rollers

ALLBW2050C56

ALLBW2050C66

ALLBW3080C56

ALLBW3080C66

ALLBW50100C56

ALLBW50100C66

We do have an International VI rod that is 6’0” and all line guide, INTVI305060TU

tony

On 4/1/2019 at 6:10 AM, PENN Fishing said:

Trainman,

Only a few of the Ally Rods have the roller tops.  The below model numbers have no roller.  We have them in 5’6” and 6’6”.

Ally Rods with no Rollers

ALLBW2050C56

ALLBW2050C66

ALLBW3080C56

ALLBW3080C66

ALLBW50100C56

ALLBW50100C66

We do have an International VI rod that is 6’0” and all line guide, INTVI305060TU

tony

Would you recommend any of these for trolling heavy mojos or using wire line. Was looking at some in my local shop. 

The 6 ft and 66 in the international can run wire

On 4/18/2019 at 2:11 PM, JimJones said:

Would you recommend any of these for trolling heavy mojos or using wire line. Was looking at some in my local shop.