Angler #1

Cannabis dangers no one wants to talk about

Rate this topic

401 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

its to the point of being entertaining, watching * rail against marijuana. :laugh:

Easy on the old bag jokes sonny...……………...

Personally I am older than Bob g but younger than the other guy and I find threads like this very entertaining...………...

Edited by TimS
quote edited

This thread is hilarious. Every state that has legalized cannabis has seen a dramatic drop in violent crime, and alcohol and opiate related deaths. Are there people who shouldn't partake? Uh, yeah. Absolutely. Today's cannabis is nothing like what we had growing up, and I'll be the first to admit that there's nothing recreational about some of the dosage levels available in the edibles. But if you find yourself a nice mild indica strain, it isn't going to wreck your fishing. 

Prohibition is something that's fun to put under a microscope. People who want it are going to get it whether it's legal or not, criminalizing it has no effect on demand. But it's a convenient way to keep a thumb on certain communities. The lives destroyed by prohibition outweigh the handful of folks who can't handle their **** by a pretty obscene margin.

31 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

its to the point of being entertaining, watching * rail against marijuana. :laugh:

He shared an article he read, whether or not you agree with him isn’t cause to be insulting and personal. 

20 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I wasn't just referring to him. its common with the old bags. 

HD,

Just a polite FYI.  I'm not railing against MJ at all. Nor do I have a dog in the fight since I don't use it.  My argument is precisely what Bernie has so eloquently stated. It was put to a ballot, and the people have spoken. The time for recrimination and scare tactics has long since expired.

23 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I wasn't just referring to him. its common with the old bags. 

Hey, take a drink of the infused Metamucil and calm down...…………………..

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

HD,

Just a polite FYI.  I'm not railing against MJ at all. Nor do I have a dog in the fight since I don't use it.  My argument is precisely what Bernie has so eloquently stated. It was put to a ballot, and the people have spoken. The time for recrimination and scare tactics has long since expired.

That is as correct and as plain as it gets, the law says you can if you want but does not say you have to...………..

I've read this marijuana and other posts with amusement. Over 1,000 posts on SOL and one thing I've learned is anyone who makes any kind of negative comment or posts an opinion against the use of  MJ will be ridiculed and it's always the same folks who do the shouting and screaming. I guess this is your way of having fun. Enjoy 

26 mins ago, bob_G said:

HD,

I didn’t think you were railing against it, at all. 

For a plant,a weed, it sure is expensive.These pot shop prices are even more expensive.I doubt many weed smokers that smoked before it was legal changed their source to buying from these shops.

15 mins ago, Deep Hole said:

I've read this marijuana and other posts with amusement. Over 1,000 posts on SOL and one thing I've learned is anyone who makes any kind of negative comment or posts an opinion against the use of  MJ will be ridiculed and it's always the same folks who do the shouting and screaming. I guess this is your way of having fun. Enjoy 

Whoever argued for or against is irrelevant, fully consider the message not the messenger. What is certainly ridiculed is erroneous information paraded as helpful factoids. The truth of the matter is excessive & abusive consumption of just about anything is bad for you.

Too much water, tylenol, or alcohol, can kill you, while nobody here has cited a single credible cannabis overdose death as of yet. Does that make pot a good thing.... no!

Overdoing pot consumption has many potential problems too. 100% agree that instructions and guidelines for edible consumption need to be way way better. If your only take away is the same guys argue the same points, you haven't learned anything here and you are missing some very important and informative points.

16 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

For a plant,a weed, it sure is expensive.These pot shop prices are even more expensive.I doubt many weed smokers that smoked before it was legal changed their source to buying from these shops.

yep

the state wants tax revenues so they think they can close the black market by offering the same product.

unfortunately , politicians know very little of how the real world works, so they will flail and fail as usual.