Angler #1

Cannabis dangers no one wants to talk about

Rate this topic

401 posts in this topic

There was a study released recently disclosing the level of some pesticides or herbicides found in some of the most common beer brands.   Now compare that to the high level of testing done to all of the pot sold over the counter here.  It’s possible that your beer from the store is worse for you on that level.  I wonder if half the fruit etc at the grocery store is even clean enough to pass those tests.

once again not the weed, but the idiot using the weed .oh its not working lets eat some more.i'll bet if some eat a bushel of apples they might wind up in the ER puking their guts out.

13 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

The report in the recent Cape Cod Times illustrates the dangers of taking cannabis in any form. It goes on to state that in Denver Colorado that Pots bad affects are sending more people to the Hospital . Inhaled marijuana caused the most severe problems. Three deaths were tied to those taking edibles prompted the study . Emergency room records show a three fold increase in marijuana cases , since the state became the first to allow sales of recreational marijuana The main concern is with increased availability and higher THC concentrations 'we may be seeing more adverse drug reactions "  It further states that the cannabis industry promotes the drug as a cure all while down playing the dangers. It also still notes that the United States Government still considers marijuana illegal.

The analysis said edibles are too dangerous to be part of the recreational market place , Slow to kick in their effects last to long for a party drug , but will work better for those who want to use them for medicine Some of the symptoms showing up in the hospital include repeating vomiting,racing hearts, psychotic episodes . As  a result of the this latest finding A doctor Volkow , the director of the National Institute on Drugs call for more research on the benefits and harms of marijuana. She indicated that an urgent need for greater oversight of manufacturing and labeling as marijuana use increases with state legalization .

If this report is taken seriously , some souls searching will need to be done for the long term safety of those who will use it long term recreationally     

stupid rookies not knowing what they're doing is all that is....

Horribly written article that is long on long and very short on facts at all.

And this from a guy who could care less if its legalized or not.  

Sharky given that recreational use of marijuana has taken off among many that may be fishing it is an appropriate question to ask if every one also know about the ill effects it can cause for any reasons . Those who are medically using this for good reasons have another script to use to actually aid them in what ever it may do to relieve what ever ailment they may have. Much testing has been and is on going to find even more that may be done to help those with medical reasons to use marijuana , I applaud those efforts and have from the very start of these conversation , that has not changed in my thought process. I look forward to the time when they are able to find a politesse  made from marijuana , for example that is applied to the human body after some one has been attacked by the fish flesh eating disease and it cures it enough so that body parts and lives are not affected. That would benefit those who during the year may find themselves in such a situation. 

The overall effects by those who are now choosing to use this as some sort of fun thing it should be noted there is some associated problem depending upon the degree of THC they smoke or ingest and that as the article above pointed out needs to be better understood to avoid the mistakes made by previous times when it came to drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes, before we have a culture that is further harmed with some long term problems that many of us faced during those early times in our lives when every one stated it was ok and it was not.    WE can blame the message all we want , however in the end , some innocent, young fisherman will become part of the statistical records down the road and that for me is uncalled for given todays world of scientific studies that can prove the truth of the matter purely from a recreational view point. 

In the end we all make our own decisions, but it would be great to have verifiable documentation that sheds the light on the Good, Bad and Ugly side of using Cannabis long term for strictly recreational reasons, not with standing its use for good medical reasons.    

Carl,

You continue to use the Ma forum as your personal bully pulpit regarding the evils of drugs, alcohol and tobacco.  Ive spoke to you about this in the past, but you persist in promoting your private temperance agenda.

Your last post was frankly a bit over the top.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread with the hopes that you not continue down this path.  :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I only ingest one square of a candy bar when i have flair ups and it aids me when i need to sleep , i dont smoke it i dont want smoke in my lungs ! But ive seen what it can do to folks that have alhziemers, helping with appetite, but i agree about the rec. part of it like drinking , if you need to be high or drunk all the time there are other issues there!but this article had very little facts , sounds like a bunch of first timers trying the stuff , for those reasons i dont think these facts are viable !this Dr is also pro big Pharma so why not bash this industry!if anyone thinks that there are tons of new people smoking weed now because its legal is false! Its the same people they just have a better outlet to getting there goods .

Edited by shark lobster

I bet 99.9 percent of the guys smoking weed while fishing at the canal did so before it became "legal"Weed is the least of our worries as a society.Alcohol,cigarettes,opioids,pesticides, are a few of the things.I noticed the older generation like my mom's age (76) think that weed is the worst thing on the planet.Its a stepping stone to stronger drugs,it will make you crazy,you will commit crimes.I have tried to have conversations with my mom and older folks about weed and they don't/won't believe you but these same people(my mom included) think drinking a bottle of wine and a few martini's is perfectly fine.

I had a habit of smoking weed all day/night.I would wake up smoking it and smoke all day long up until i went to bed.I loved it.I still drove everywhere(never had an accident or even a moving violation to date),fished everywhere(caught many awesome fish on weed),worked in a busy restaurant(never had to go to er for cutting off my finger),etc etc.

Now for the reasons i stopped(this is where you can't find any info on the internet on this).I was having optical migraine's,anxiety,I started feeling wimpy,helpless(lost my tough edge that could handle anything).My doctor said you have "chronic marijuana syndrome"from years of abusing the drug,I thought she was making it up,never heard of this.The optical migraine's were scary as hell affecting my vision,what if i was driving when one of these episodes came on?Well i stopped smoking 6 years ago,never got another migraine again,anxiety went away,My tough not afraid edge came back and i even noticed my stomach problems that i use to have went away.I believe smoking lots of weed affects your digestion system.When i quit i immediately noticed that i had more money,lots more.

I believe that it was the pesticides/chemicals used in the growing of the weed that made me sick and not the plant or the thc.If anyone was going to die from a weed overdose it would have been me .I once smoked 68 joints in a row,nothing happened besides dry mouth and severe munchies.

has anyone else ever got this "chronic marijuana syndrome"??

Like my grandfather said "everything in moderation"

19 mins ago, bob_G said:

Carl,

You continue to use the Ma forum as your personal bully pulpit regarding the evils of drugs, alcohol and tobacco.  Ive spoke to you about this in the past, but you persist in promoting your private temperance agenda.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread with the hopes that you not continue down this path.  :)

If any one is going down a bully path it would be you. :howdy:

32 mins ago, bob_G said:

Carl,

Bob, he started a discussion and shared his opinion. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t make it bullying. His last post was, again, respectfully written, impersonal and his opinion. We don’t limit the opinions people can have here, we don’t ask folks to keep their opinions to themselves based on our opinions. If it’s respectfully presented - as I believe Carl’s - then we welcome them. Even if we disagree with it :)

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

The optical migraine's were scary as hell affecting my vision

I get those without smoking pot. Maybe pot will make them go away for me. :)

For years I didn't know what they were. I asked my doctors. They could never explain it. Eventually I got examined by a new eye doctor at the optometrist office I went to. When I explained it to him he told me they were optical migraines. I was happy just to finally know what they were.

Mine always come around from a combination of being really tired, hungry and stressed. Or when I was taking photography classes, from staring through a view finder for a long time while doing a lot of manual focusing of the lens.

They are annoying as hell for me. Fortunately they only last about 10 minutes, and in only my right eye.

Edited by zak-striper