Cannabis dangers no one wants to talk about

Rate this topic

Angler #1

9 hours ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

I agree about the cost, it's ridic right now... the slow roll out is at fault, I believe when the market is legally saturated the prices will come down..

I wish I had a better picture as to what is going on statewide, but I can drive drive to NEA and pull into the parking lot any day of the week, but they are plenty busy.. I've never NOT waited in line, and most of the people I see there look like your neighbors... (sorry Karl)

I think if you look at the western states where it has been legal for some time now, you'll find that around $120 for a 1/4 oz, is about right, don't expect it to go down much, if at all, unless some grow operation has a bumper crop.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

I believe the question of direction on labels came up.

In the interest of the High popularity of this topic, I had my research team obtain and do a bioassay on a commercially available Ma inspected chocolate bar.

The warning label is at least as strong as that found on alcohol containers.

The directions are something you would never find on a booze bottle. 

If a newbie follows the directions of one piece every two hours, it's virtually impossible for them to get in trouble. 

The problem lies with the fact that an even moderately experienced user would get almost zero effects if they follow the label direction. 

It would be like beer instruction that said "drink one beer and wait two hours".

Nobody will do it. At least not twice. 

The result of the bioassay was that the labels claim of 100 mg was extremely optimistic. 

The entire (delicious) bar was snarfed down with one cup of coffee. 

Allegedly 20 times the recommended dose on the label but the equivalent to an average dose for a very jaded experienced user as per internet dosage charts.

The actual results were approximately 1/2 to 1/3 as strong as a typical home cooked dose for the test subject. 

Only worth it for the quality of the candy. That's not so easy to do.

20190408_105351.jpg

20190408_105237.jpg

20190408_105308.jpg

Got to be some type of placebo affect. If the actual dosages are so low it must be new users letting their minds carry them away. 

Watched a YouTube video where people had a thc infused dinner by a professional chef. 10 minutes in they were all rolling on the ground and "tripping"  out. The chef said they had the equivalent of half a joint at that stage.

and this has been around before legalization. Do yourselves a favor and watch the YouTube video "cop eats pot brownies, calls 911" classic

Interesting articale front of paper today saying illegal MJ booming do to long lines and high prices at dispensary,s! Well dah who was going to pay those prices , stand in line ! And have your ID scanned , when i get it the same way i always have delivered right to my door! I think its a novelty for people to try the dispensary.

19 mins ago, McNizzles said:

Got to be some type of placebo affect. If the actual dosages are so low it must be new users letting their minds carry them away. 

Watched a YouTube video where people had a thc infused dinner by a professional chef. 10 minutes in they were all rolling on the ground and "tripping"  out. The chef said they had the equivalent of half a joint at that stage.

and this has been around before legalization. Do yourselves a favor and watch the YouTube video "cop eats pot brownies, calls 911" classic

Correct.

People make light of it but the power of suggestion can manipulate your heart rate and blood pressure. Very real physical effects.

Just like cops who pass out after brushing white powder off their uniforms. 

The shot of Narcan has no Real effect because they are not actually in an OD.

But the shot of Narcan relieves their fear, makes them believe they will live. The relief from fear is the actual cure.

Too bad the chief allows the media to report it as an OD for scaremongering. 

It only adds more fear to cops who have more anxiety attacks and EMTs afraid to respond to OD calls.

Helps no one.

Also the same phenomenon where people bitten by non-venomous snakes present at the ER with real symptoms. 

It'sthe relaxing shot of valium that "cures" them, not anti-venom.

I guess people really like their weed :rav:. Last time I smoked it was in Amsterdam in the early 2000's. I was woken up the next morning by a co-worker pounding on my hotel room door. All the lights were on and my hand was resting on the phone book opened to the fast food delivery section. Large quantities of beer mixed with powerful weed will put you down but good. I came within inches of missing my flight back to London where I was working. What a weekend that was!

1 hour ago, mikez2 said:

I believe the question of direction on labels came up.

In the interest of the High popularity of this topic, I had my research team obtain and do a bioassay on a commercially available Ma inspected chocolate bar.

The warning label is at least as strong as that found on alcohol containers.

The directions are something you would never find on a booze bottle. 

If a newbie follows the directions of one piece every two hours, it's virtually impossible for them to get in trouble. 

The problem lies with the fact that an even moderately experienced user would get almost zero effects if they follow the label direction. 

It would be like beer instruction that said "drink one beer and wait two hours".

Nobody will do it. At least not twice. 

The result of the bioassay was that the labels claim of 100 mg was extremely optimistic 

The entire (delicious) bar was snarfed down with one cup of coffee. 

Allegedly 20 times the recommended dose on the label but the equivalent to an average dose for a very jaded experienced user as per internet dosage charts.

The actual results were approximately 1/2 to 1/3 as strong as a typical home cooked dose for the test subject. 

Only worth it for the quality of the candy. That's not so easy to do.

20190408_105351.jpg

20190408_105237.jpg

20190408_105308.jpg

Where there any controls in your bioassay?   Or was it seat of the pants testing by one person?    Like using a butt dyno for auto or motorcycle horsepower.?  :D

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

27 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

Where there any controls in your bioassay?   Or was it seat of the pants testing by one person?    Like using a butt dyno for auto or motorcycle horsepower.?  :D

Faux science fo sure.:laugh:

Definitely meant to be tongue in cheek. 

The real problem is the amazing wide differences in how people tolerate a particular dose.

That is why the label is almost laughably conservative. They have to protect the most vulnerable, inexperienced, low tolerances user. Which is good.

The hardheaded experienced users have to experiment to find the real dose.

Obviously back in the day, just like now, nobody had any clue what percent THC we had in blackmarket products. 

If the state tells us it's 100 mg, we have no reference point to agree or disagree. 

IMO, the percentage on the label is exaggerated for marketing and the directions Over cautious for PR.

Talking about Mass medical and recreational dispensaries, each batch/lot of flower, edible, etc. has to tested by a Mass. certified laboratory for THC,CBD, TAC and a wide variety of contaminants. It would be quite easy for the CCC to check up on any batch with independent testing. So it would seem ,to me at least ,that it would not be a smart move to exaggerate THC or CBD levels.   lots of $$$$ at stake.

Edited by FizzyFish

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

2 hours ago, McNizzles said:

Exactly, the mind is powerful, no one is going to feel an edible after 10 minutes. I’ve had it kick in after half an hour but that was an extremely strong cookie, most take an hour. Every edible I’ve had from a dispensary, (like gummies and chocolates), I barely even feel, the doses are low.

1 hour ago, hotfishgirl said:

everybody has different reactions to edibles as well.Back when i would use MJ my friend got some lemon poppyseed cakes.My friends ate one slice and were all giggly and stoned.I ate an entire loaf,5x's more then what they ate and i never felt a thing.

Cuz your body was use to 68 joints at a time ! You would have needed 10 lb cake !

23 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I think if you look at the western states where it has been legal for some time now, you'll find that around $120 for a 1/4 oz, is about right, don't expect it to go down much, if at all, unless some grow operation has a bumper crop.

$120 seems really high for 1/4 out there.   Most range from $35-$70 per 1/4,  then there's $3 grams whens there's a glut. $150-200 ounces,  Pays to shop around I guess

$120 is too much per 1/4 of anything anywhere, its not even that much in NY for high grade.

There's a danger right there, over paying.

Edited by mark77