Angler #1

Cannabis dangers no one wants to talk about

Rate this topic

401 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

States don't care about possible negative side effects.

They only see a revenue stream.

It's just like they care about tobacco use.

Don't forget alcohol.

1 hour ago, TLap21 said:

Inhaled marijuana caused the most severe problems, but edibles lead to three deaths?!

What's more severe than death?! 

How ? Just saying three deaths is too vague.

Was it a chemical overdose, the drug killed them, or did they do something stupid while stoned and got darwined ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

I agree.  Only thing I could find is some kid jumped off a balcony and died, and he had taken edibles prior to doing that.  I would not say that edibles caused his death, personally.  

I would guess if any OD'd on edibles, it would be written in the article.  Intentionally vague reporting is always suspicious to me.  

I was just saying that the article said "inhaling caused the most severe problems" and also said that "edibles lead to three deaths."  That does not compute.  

Edited by TLap21

50 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Here you go The title is called Cannabis ER visits in Denver Study  By Carla K Johnson { the Associated Press]

Every thing is hearsay until it strikes at home , You should be able to pull it up in Google 

Just read it and I still stand by my statement that alcohol can poison you and weed can not.

Both can make you do stupid things, alcohol far far more stupid things (based on my own experiences)

Mixed together can be real trouble

So ban alcohol

That article is talking about nothing more than a bunch of neophytes having paranoia attacks and going to the hospital and was written by a reporter trying to get clicks based on a sensationalist article title.

Imagine if the title was something like "Stoned and Paranoid Does Not Require an Emergency Room Visit"

No one would read it.

The vomiting being caused by inhaled smoke is common with beginners as well - don't take such a big hit ya dumbass you'll irritate your bronchial system and start puking.

This snowflakes's a real genius, paramedics because it's "scary"

as Denver resident Arlene Galchinsky learned. She took a marijuana gummy for pain on top of a prescription narcotic, becoming so disoriented her husband called paramedics. Galchinsky, 79, didn't go to the ER, but the experience shook her up.

"It was extremely scary," she said of the feeling. "When was this going to go away? It was so frightening."

1 hour ago, kidcurrie said:

Do any fishermenpeople smoke pot while fishing at the canal?

Even before MA legalized weed, which is far safer than alcohol, one could easily get a contact high from inhaling 2nd hand smoke while biking the canal road. Just sayin'.  :)

Thats a joke , only thing i wanted to do after eating a edible is have a good nights sleep ! Without them i have what feels like electric shocks pulsing down both legs, i have MS so this is just one of the many symptoms , the Drs would rather i take a mixture , of percocets, muscle relaxers , tylenol klonopin, they say im better off than useing thc , but those drugs dont work , but THC does ! 3 people died from taking edibles i want to know how . Were they stupid ? Mabe how many people die everyday from being addicted to opioids that the Dr put them on . You dont die from pot you die from being stupid , like over doing booze or anything else ! So i say bull**** to the 1/2 percent that are affected badly , this Dr who wrote this might be payed by big pharma . So why not bust the cannabis industry!oh and one more thing why dont you call it the “gateway drug” most people that have never tried it use this term ! People that have not tried it should not comment plain and simple.

Edited by shark lobster

It’s all just stigma and people being caught in the idea that pot is the same as hardcore narcotics. The strength of today’s pot is off the charts and people that aren’t used to it should start slow. I’m maybe a twice a year one or two hits off a joint kind of guy and actually like a weak sativa but I treat it just like booze and rarely have opportunity to do it because of responsibilities kids etc. My cousin and my fil have MS as well and they find some relief from medical brownies and gummies. 

Angler#1 just let it go, pot is here to stay just think of it like alcohol, while it may not be for you some people enjoy using it and some like my family and shark lobster find rare relief in it. So can’t we just talk about fishing again cause this **** is getting very old. 

Edited by giggyfish

1 hour ago, zak-striper said:

Even before MA legalized weed, which is far safer than alcohol, one could easily get a contact high from inhaling 2nd hand smoke while biking the canal road. Just sayin'.  :)

That's awful.  People should be required to watch Reefer Madness and get a certificate if they are going to fish on the canal.  What with all those rocks and slippery things.... my goodness!

Weed is weed and not heroin! Everything in moderation ! But what makes this country great is that we can disagree! And thats ok 

carl i respect your view on weed !