AI/VA in spring - questions?

Rate this topic

Wheeler

12 mins ago, SteveZ said:

Damage is done but this spot burn is reported to TimS. 

Steve, please tell me you're not serious?  This is from 2014 which is 5 years ago, and I'm pretty sure the "spot burn rule" has some statute of limitations unless you're identifying some location that is somehow not likely to be visited due to it being off the beaten track or otherwise not obvious.

If I'm wrong about that, then my bad, and I'm fine if Marcus or Tim either edits or deletes it.

36 mins ago, surffish said:

Last year we lost a lot of rigs there due to sharks and rays. The hot spots keeps moving and we’re We caught the most fish is where ORV folks ignore the most and I’m not telling. :p:rav:

Sharks and rays are so lame, at least after the first one! 

I just look things over at low tide and pick a spot, usually based on where there appears to be a break in the bar. 

23 hours ago, SteveZ said:

Damage is done but this spot burn is reported to TimS. 

Steve next time please click the ‘report post’ button in the post you want to report - that gives me a link to the specific post :)

A hole that no longer exists technically isn’t a spot....because now it’s just flat beach...right? I edited it because it was very specific....just feels weird editing a spot that is no longer there :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

6 hours ago, TimS said:

A hole that no longer exists technically isn’t a spot....because now it’s just flat beach...right? I edited it because it was very specific....just feels weird editing a spot that is no longer there :)

TimS

:worms::lock::beatin:

Happy belated birthday Tim!:p

15 hours ago, TimS said:

Steve next time please click the ‘report post’ button in the post you want to report - that gives me a link to the specific post :)

TimS

If you have ever been there you'd understand, regardless of a hole being there or not it was a flat out spot burn.  Some of us fish it daily in the spring and fall. It's a small section of beach with a very limited amount of vehicles allowed on at a time and the plover closure makes it worse.  We dont need it turning into IBSP,  it's already bad enough at high tide with the island shrinking.

Edited by DerrickT

8 hours ago, Jim McFeeley said:

So how many guys on here have landed a red drum in May or June? I’m heading to Florida over Easter but I’m looking to hit up the north OSV possibly for a red or maybe a stray Cobia after Memorial Day . I know it’s kinda a long shot but it would be cool .

Believe it was last May or early June or the year before somebody caught a big bull red out front.  Wasnt up in the north osv though.

23 mins ago, DerrickT said:

Believe it was last May or early June or the year before somebody caught a big bull red out front.  Wasnt up in the north osv though.

Cool just figured I would check it out. I may take a long day hike up north  since southern end will be closed in June most likely