coolhandfluke

what was your favorite car from 60"S or 70"s

Rate this topic

342 posts in this topic

The Jaguar XK 150 is the beauty I will never forget. In 1961 there were no Jaguar Dealers in the US that I was aware of, just Foreign Car resellers who carried many makes. There was a 1961 Jaguar XK 150 that was in a showroom I walked by every day in college on my way to classes. Could have bought that car for $2900.00 back then, but since I was lucky if I had $2.90 cents all I could ever do was sit in it and admire it. Still is the most beautiful car I have ever seen.

1959 Jaguar XK150 (25460836533).jpg

Edited by fish643

21 hours ago, Capt Buck said:

British cars had the Prince of Darkness to deal with otherwise known as Lucas Electrics

Why the Brits drink warm beer- Lucas refrigerators. 

I did like mine though.  

You just can't go past the American muscle car era, they were by far the best looking cars in the world. The 71 Cuda, picture earlier is a stand out. Thanks

Stax 

The pinnacle of ‘60’s automotive 

A1CCC205-825A-43B2-AB21-48339A31FCBF.jpeg

...and what I was driving when I lost my virginity 

025AD8BE-3D66-45EB-A2D8-4D988F054567.jpeg

Or or was it this?

6DEBFE4B-47D9-4922-9C08-57C886C0634D.jpeg

Edited by Alferd Packer

If by chance you get some free time you need to drop down to Sebring FL fr the Grand Prix (12hr) and the day before 1000

they have an old timers race  as car shown and the then newer, hell there is so many different class they all look alike to me Past year Caddy took Their Class, Toyota/Porsche a winner  teams from allover the world  Four day Pass   stands/pits 125-135 total 4 nights you can bring your own cooler ,track 3.75 mile 7 Nasty Turns and lap time 1.55

For the local they have a Parade ot Transporters as they call the Hauler,, drivers meet and sign cards hats in city park, the Grand Pix is  2nd week in March

Edited by Al Sears

Never owned one but I've never found a better looking car from that era.  67 Fastback.  Make mine a retro mod and...just damn  :)

Mustang-67.jpg

12 hours ago, gray gables said:

No one had any shelby’s or boss 429’s? 

The lack of any Shelby Cobras is why this thread keeps slipping down the page...

11 hours ago, gray gables said:

No one had any shelby’s or boss 429’s? 

Just now, mako20ft said:

The lack of any Shelby Cobras is why this thread keeps slipping down the page...

Only those that wanted to drive in the slow lane.    :p

17 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Only those that wanted to drive in the slow lane.    :p

Man I get the whole ergonomic, modern A/C, power everything, etc...  But let's be honest.  A Texas chicken farmer turned the world upside down.  Even today there are few and I mean...damn few cars with personality and the balls to back it.

Just now, mako20ft said:

Man I get the whole ergonomic, modern A/C, power everything, etc...  But let's be honest.  A Texas chicken farmer turned the world upside down.  Even today there are few and I mean...damn few cars with personality and the balls to back it.

Make no mistake those are special cars.

Even the replicas.

There's a guy in my town that has one and I smile every time I see and hear it.

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Make no mistake those are special cars.

Even the replicas.

There's a guy in my town that has one and I smile every time I see and hear it.

I'd settle for "Eleanor".  Take yourself a couple minutes...

Yes, the Shelby GT500 was sweet. Only thing in my eye they screwed up was putting the Mercury Cougar tail lights in it.

If I could ever afford to buy or restore one of the GTs, Mach1, or fastbacks, it would be a resto mod... Modern seats, suspension, and brakes. Frame too if needed to get the suspension in there.

Edited by nightfighter