Gilbey

OT - Tattoo Artists in NJ

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Off topic question, but my wife of 26 years turns 50 next month. She has always wanted a tattoo......the body art, not the striper lure :o.  Pretty sure she wants something small and discreet. I want to surprise her and take her somewhere on her birthday weekend to get one done, but I know nothing about it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable studio in central NJ? 

TIA,

Alan

Posted (edited) · Report post

my wife has 4 but done in sj.   just look them up then read the reviews and pick one.   if its small most of them should be fine, just like the commercial says, dude stay in your lane.:p   my wife turns 49 Thursday and this year will be 29 years.

if she is into it for a real surprise , have her get a piercing where only you and her will know. the gift she will forever enjoy:)

Edited by coolhandfluke

Thanks fluke. Congrats on 29 years. It seem a rarity these days. 

Yeah, I hear you. We aren't talking a full sleeve or billboard tramp stamp. More likely it's a 2" butterfly on an ankle. :)

"Stay in your lane bro!" Funny. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

wife has a butterfly near her ankle with our kids names below it..   a heart with our names on her heart/breast area.   one on inside of wrist ,matches daughters ink.and one on her shoulder.

Edited by coolhandfluke

internet is your freind, do a search top 10 tattoo artists in nj and check out their portfolio.

Even a small tattoo can be done poorly, do some home work.

I don't live by you so know no one local to you.

Like Benstick wrote. Do homework, if you are looking to replicate something it'll probably require an appointment. Not all parlors do walk-ins daily. 

Most will have a Fbook page with there tattooists and work they did. Look before you stop in and do stop in. You don't want to bring her into a dirty dive.

Be cautioned they're addictive.

If by chance it she wants "Art" work done. "I Have A Guy".

IMG_20190326_162527.jpg

IMG_20190326_162434.jpg

Right next to Tackle Direct is a tattoo parlor and right next door to that shop is a tattoo laser removal office - great business practice there.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, Captain Planet said:

Electric in Asbury has always been top notch.  

I second Electric Tattoo in Asbury Park.  Known those guys for 30+ yrs.  Good dudes and artists.  Type and style run the gamut. Even the people i don't know there seem to have solid work.  Can't go wrong there.

Slingin Ink in Point. Brody is a killer striper fisherman and all round cool guy. Call ahead to make sure they have walk in hours. 

5 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Thanks FF, I will check them out. They are literally a mile from my office. 

Alan

Please do..full disclosure: I've known a couple of the owners since we were teenagers in the 90s. I haven't been to the Hillsborough shop but the one in Edison is like no other shop I've been to. You can even buy art made by local artists....