Matt Szwagulinski

Worm Prices

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Here's an even dumber question - has anyone had success dead sticking a Gulp! sand or blood worm?  I bought them to drift in the PP Canal around slack tide, but have not had any success at all.  Did I waste my $?

FlatWing,

I tried the Gulp bloodworms several times this past week and have had zero success.  Others near me were catching with real bloodworms.  Guess i have to get the real thing.  i would return them if you can....

I've used nightcrawlers for weakfish last time I hey were around in numbers, like 15 -20 years ago. Sand worms were expensive if you could even find them. They worked but turned white pretty quick. Just had to change em out often but they caught.  

On 3/31/2019 at 3:37 AM, FlatWing said:

Here's an even dumber question - has anyone had success dead sticking a Gulp! sand or blood worm?  I bought them to drift in the PP Canal around slack tide, but have not had any success at all.  Did I waste my $?

I use Gulp worms on my Tube and Worm rig trolling in the Yak.  They work, not as good as the real thing but they work.  If I don't plan ahead I have them in my box so no problem.