Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannyplug1

RIDDLER NEED YOUR ADVISE ON SIDE VIEW FISH FINDER

2 posts in this topic

Riddler sorry to bother you but you seem to be very knowledgeable.  I have de3cided to take the plunge and purchase a side view fish finder for my hobile out back.  I have had fish finders before but I fish shallow waters rarely if ever over twenty feet and I think the side view would be most useful.  I don't need the gps or all the bells and whistles, I just want the fish finder.  I am looking to spend up to the 550 range.  What kind of finder are you running?  Thanks for your help.  Charlie any info would be helpful.

I use the Helix series. As far as I know all Helix SI units come with GPS. You can buy the older G2n Helix 7 SI but you will want to upgrade transducers. Now you are at 600 or so after mailing your G2n transducer back to upgrade to the HD.

You might as well buy the improved G3N Helix 7 SI mega for the sharpest image. Then you will need a Navionics Map Card for the GPS you won't want. lol....you can save a little by buying the bundle.

Without the Nav card this is the cheapest G3n unit I found. Doesn't have the nav card.

chirp.JPG