Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
giggyfish

Gronk retires!

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I just heard on the road fishing in CT. Happy for him. He has had a HOF career and could have been better if he stayed healthy. 

The Patriots will win with or without him. 

Looks like they are gonna hafta draft a tight end or two now. Not that they weren't anyway.

34 mins ago, bdowning said:

Looks like they are gonna hafta draft a tight end or two now. Not that they weren't anyway.

Nah, they'll reinvent the offense to no TE offense....LOL

Bummer that he retirering, but we knew this day was coming.

Good for him. I'm sure he'll have some health problems later in life, hopefully he's retiring in time to minimize those problems. For someone who is portrayed as a big goofball he was smart with his money. The guy never spent a dime of his contract money and lived off his endorsement $ only. 

I wonder if they'll have him up in the booth during some games.

I enjoyed his play. He and Brady were spot on most days. But I think all these guys after playing HS, college, and pro ball have a lot of the stuffing knocked outta them. Glad he is retiring, hopefully having managed his money well, and wish him well in his career. 

1 hour ago, giggyfish said:

Apparently he’s now going to focus on his doctorate in psychology 

With a minor in Wrestlemania.

Last week they restructured Gilmores contract freeing up 5+ million in cap space.

Gronk retires and frees up 10 million in cap space.

Either the Pats were didn't know that Gronk was retiring, or maybe they knew and are planning on Jared Cook?

Either way Kraft is happy because he not part of the "breaking news"  :wave:

I don't blame him at all. Probably played through a couple of concussions during that 9 years. Dude put a hurting on some defensive players. The break dancing with a broken arm was the best. 

i'm glad he's going out on top. it's been a joy watching him play. i would hate to see the kid have to leave due to injury 

great player brady should get out too and I am not saying that as a disgruntled jets fan-brady has accomplished  all than one can accomplish and clearly he does not need the money-in the NFL you are one hit away from never walking again  or one head injury away from something  bad.  I have seen some ex jets in person that retired 5-10 years ago and they are not that  old but they are very broken down and it is sad to see

While I am sad that I won't be able to watch him play any more, I am happy he knew when to call it quits, and retired as a Patriot so that I don;t have to bear the anguish of watching him on another team.

And he lives right up the street from me...........or at least does right now......

Thanks for all the great years Gronk.  :)

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

While I am sad that I won't be able to watch him play any more, I am happy he knew when to call it quits, and retired as a Patriot so that I don;t have to bear the anguish of watching him on another team.

And he lives right up the street from me...........or at least does right now......

Thanks for all the great years Gronk.  :)

Can you get me his autograph? :)