southjerz

Finally got my kayak!!

37 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about getting one for a few years now. Finally pulled the trigger yesterday, got it from sportsman's outpost. Now time to chase the trout for a few weeks then it's going in the salt. I'll be fishing south jerseys back bays if anyone ever wants to get out. 

20190323_112504.jpg

20190323_104518.jpg

20190323_151339.jpg

Congratulations ... great ride :th:  A very stable platform, but even so, you may want to consider dressing for the worst case scenario. Welcome to the dark side.

Nice ride, I love the color, have a good time be safe and practice reentry before going out in the bays.....jack

I have a new Outback too and love it. I'm sure you will love it too. I just started kayak fishing about a year or two ago and this forum has been a huge help. Read and learn as much as you can and have fun!

Always looking to get out there and meet other anglers, fish other areas. I fish my old towne predator PDL in AC, Barnegat, wildwood, and Great Bay areas. Maybe meet up sometime

10 hours ago, Ford2203 said:

Always looking to get out there and meet other anglers, fish other areas. I fish my old towne predator PDL in AC, Barnegat, wildwood, and Great Bay areas. Maybe meet up sometime

That's all the same areas I fish so absolutely.  

Upgraded from a revo 13 to a 2019 outback. Took mine out yesterday to check out the fish finder and make sure everything worked. The seat broke within the first hour of use. The seat was stuck in the reclined position and the cable would not retract.  Had to take it apart at home and put the string back on the pulleys. Somewhat disappointed on the quality of the seat. For $500 you would think it would not have issues day one of use.

10 hours ago, Ford2203 said:

I’m in central jersey and often drive down to the great Bay Area. Wouldn’t mind taking some trips further south to Ac wildwood etc.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, odiemike86 said:

Upgraded from a revo 13 to a 2019 outback. Took mine out yesterday to check out the fish finder and make sure everything worked. The seat broke within the first hour of use. The seat was stuck in the reclined position and the cable would not retract.  Had to take it apart at home and put the string back on the pulleys. Somewhat disappointed on the quality of the seat. For $500 you would think it would not have issues day one of use.

Sorry about that... We have seen this happen in shows. People recline the seat and then tip it forward to reach for the release. The recoiling line with no tension on it snaps back into the seat and in rare cases jumps a pulley like that. Should not happen, but if you just hold the seat a bit as the line recoils... it never happens.

Edited by mmiller

25 mins ago, mmiller said:

Sorry about that... We have seen this happen in shows. People recline the seat and then tip it forward to reach for the release. The recoiling line with no tension on it snaps back into the seat and in rare cases jumps a pulley like that. Should not happen, but if you just hold the seat a bit as the line recoils... it never happens.

Matt,

When i opened the back of the seat by removing the 8 small screws the white line was not on the pulleys,  it was wedged between the 2 pulleys. I had to remove the pulleys and put the line back on, seems like it is working now (it retracts back to the non recline position) but i guess the real test will be when i take it on the water again. Should I take this to the dealer if the line continues to slip from the pulley?

10 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

Should I take this to the dealer if the line continues to slip from the pulley?

Yes, the dealer would handle this under warranty.