55555s

Elk River State park MD

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anticipating a mid summer trip to the campground.  Lots of kids, all of whom can fish well enough.   CnR.   Fishing mostly from shore or canoe.  Decent opportunity for some catfish?  What else is reasonably abundant along the shore areas that we could target?  Tips, suggestions, and PM'd spot burns appreciated as well.  

There's also a pond near the campground, on park land. It used to hold some respectable largemouth and bluegills, enough to keep kids occupied.

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 hours ago, 55555s said:

Yep. 2nd or 3rd week of july it is looking.

Sorry getting back to you late. The month of July, on either the Elk or North East side is going to be Catfish, Channel cats, White perch, Lg mouth bass, Now if we have a wicked hot summer, high salinity level. You may get some Snapper blues. Hasn't happened for a few years. During El Nino ,I was catching them at Rouges Harbor .But yes try the local ponds. Tight lines.

Edited by hunter123

On 3/24/2019 at 11:03 AM, hunter123 said:

55555's. You staying at the Turkey point campground. I live in North East. What month.

hunter123,had no idea a fellow SOLer lived in the area. I live in North East also.

16 hours ago, modelcitizen said:

hunter123,had no idea a fellow SOLer lived in the area. I live in North East also.

Well, I'll be. Great minds live in great places. Nice place to live , till the Dutch armada hit's . LOL