It's coming up April....... The Masters.

Rate this topic

DoorGunner

Every year at this time i pull out the DVD of the 86 Masters. What an incredible final round. It's a little like watching Apollo 13. You knew how it ends before they even made the movie but you still watch it to the end. As Bob Costas of NBC sports said, "Very few things in life are perfect, This was"    

Doorgunner,

Yes, this was an absolutely awesome sight to see. The screams of "Jack is Back!" will never fade. I'll never forget, I had just gotten into golf and the 1980 US Open was held at Baltusrol, less than 20 minutes from my house. Upon getting to the practice green, there he was, curling in one six footer after another like it was nothing. The duel between Jack and Isao Aoiki was something to see, but Jack came out on top.

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

I am working Thursday, friday Sat and Sun of masters weekend. So I won't be able to put together the 10th (?)annual  stripers online Masters pool like I have in the past. 

Edited by iphish

On 3/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, DoorGunner said:

Every year at this time i pull out the DVD of the 86 Masters. What an incredible final round. It's a little like watching Apollo 13. You knew how it ends before they even made the movie but you still watch it to the end. As Bob Costas of NBC sports said, "Very few things in life are perfect, This was"    

One of the greatest days in all of sports history they call him the Golden Bear for a reason . 

On 3/27/2019 at 8:26 AM, TheKnot said:

One of the greatest days in all of sports history they call him the Golden Bear for a reason 

I agree. Something so special about that day. Incredible field with the biggest name of the time on the first page of the leaderboard. With the crowd roaring all through the back nine while he shot 30 and passed them all. 

I was outside painting the bottom of my boat when he hit the tenth hole. I set the VCR to record and kept running back in to see what was happening. When he won I was sitting there with a rock hard paint brush in my hand. Time stopped for Jack that day but not for the bottom paint. So glad I taped it because back then there wasn't any other way to see it again. "Very few things in life are perfect, this was" says it best. 

On 3/27/2019 at 6:34 AM, Al Sears said:

Would love to go just to, walk the Grounds, would also like to see Spieth have Good weekend

Me too.  I went to college with a friend who interned there in the summer working on the course; he had some good stories.  It seems like Spieth has lost his way?

"A successful man is one who can lay a strong foundation with the bricks thrown at him."- David Brinkley

1 hour ago, splions said:

Me too.  I went to college with a friend who interned there in the summer working on the course; he had some good stories.  It seems like Spieth has lost his way?

Its incredible how hilly the course is, TV doesn't do it justice

18 hours ago, chris koltz said:

I hate to admit that I have cut fishing days short to watch The Masters. What a great sporting event, bucket list to get there before I make my last cast. 

This is the first time in decades where I won't be able to watch it live. I usually have my wife go visit her family. I have watched it so many times I know how much putts will break on most of the holes.