Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

OK, now picture this new plug with.....

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

lex_bigboy_blue.jpg

With a nice pink stripe down the side? Did someone mention herring? wink.gif

Now for the kicker - the wood is 8 1/4" longicon25.gif - it's 12" long from the line tie to the tip of the haircwm24.gif - and it weighs a nice, solid 3 1/2oz smile.gif

So...how long are most of the big baits - like herring - where you live? Over 8"? 10"? 12"? wink.gif

TimS

Nope, I'm gonna sell 'em for $15.99 - about what I've seen 1oz screw eyed poppers for in some tackle shopsicon25.gif

I did forget to take a picture of the olive/pink/silver one...and the dark yellow/white one, tooicon15.gif

I'll put them up tomorrow - with more pictures, including some close ups - you aren't gonna believe the close upsicon14.gif

The trick is getting them painted exactly the way I want them - but I'm gonna make sure that's the way they all get paintedsmile.gif

The 3 1/4oz darters are being painted as I type this - in white, yellow and black/purplesmile.gif

And I'm gonna have three things on serious special - a limited run of two hooked FatBoy II in yellowflash - a ton of 2oz pencil poppers in white, blue/white and yellow/white. And unfinished needlefish blanks - in four different sizes...in packs of 25 or 100...for about .60 each smile.gif

So much to do, so little time...and right now I gotta date with something in striped pajamas smile.gif

TimS

Another shot - still missing the yellow/white and olive/pink/silver...but here's a little group shot wink.gif

lex_bigboy_1.jpg

Mmmmmm.....herring.....mmmmmcwm12.gif

TimS

Those look very nice. I see huge improvement in finish, eyes, lips and size icon14.gif

I'll definitely get some.

Can he make some of those with sloping head too? Now I'm dreamin' biggrin.gif

I remember TimS kidding me years ago while I was muttering about losing a rainbow-finished Gibbs bottle plug, the last one I ever found that had what I thought was a nice action. (This was long enough ago that I was buying lots of Gibbs). NOW he realizes the value of blue/white with a pink stripe???? Well, so he ain't too dumb to learn after all. We gonna see darters in that finish? Hey TimS: tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif On a slightly more serious note, the sweet spot for the Lami 132-2 is about 3 oz, and a darter for that is PERFECT, and I've found a spot where I need a 3 oz darter - nothing less. The timing couldn't be better.

Put me down for at least six in light colors the dark yellow and white will do nicely. Are they weighted in the nose. It makes my heart warm to see all these swimmers coming out now. I have accomplished my mission.

Hey Ben, Shhhhhh leave MY Westcoast specials alone! Those are the Van Stals in plugs.

Tim, they look like Big Don's. Who makes them?

------------------

"Ya can't fish anymore if you're dead." - Arby SOL# 304

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park, NJ

fishguy.gif