Boat recommendations

Rate this topic

Rocdoc

Starting to look for used boats for fly fishing in the CT/ RI area. Will be in the Watch Hill, Race, Fishers Island Sound area. Not sure exactly what I should be looking for. ( Sailed for years and always fly fished in streams...until NOW)

Any help appreciated.

16 hours ago, Rocdoc said:

Starting to look for used boats for fly fishing in the CT/ RI area. Will be in the Watch Hill, Race, Fishers Island Sound area. Not sure exactly what I should be looking for. ( Sailed for years and always fly fished in streams...until NOW)

Any help appreciated.

Length? 

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

I am running a new Sea Ox 21. (24ft with bracket) I have owned more boats than I can remember. I primarily fish exactly where you are. Launching from barn island. 

Sea Ox has now set the bar for brands like Parker, JB, Steiger to have to chase and they are they best priced as well. You’re more than welcome to jump on my boat for a day this spring. 

40B545FA-189B-4223-91F0-8A090C64C686.jpeg

99F9D1FF-FA5A-47A4-84BC-26126FFFE6DE.jpeg

9A8DE486-2F17-44C7-BAA0-303BF154AE75.jpeg

B4076C4F-334D-48DD-AA2C-B914CD773D8D.jpeg

D6E7853A-8914-4892-A661-E7D1CC37F61B.jpeg

"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

1 hour ago, foulhook said:

I am running a new Sea Ox 21. (24ft with bracket) I have owned more boats than I can remember. I primarily fish exactly where you are. Launching from barn island. 

Sea Ox has now set the bar for brands like Parker, JB, Steiger to have to chase and they are they best priced as well. You’re more than welcome to jump on my boat for a day this spring. 

40B545FA-189B-4223-91F0-8A090C64C686.jpeg

99F9D1FF-FA5A-47A4-84BC-26126FFFE6DE.jpeg

9A8DE486-2F17-44C7-BAA0-303BF154AE75.jpeg

B4076C4F-334D-48DD-AA2C-B914CD773D8D.jpeg

D6E7853A-8914-4892-A661-E7D1CC37F61B.jpeg

Nice clean boat built for fishing.

9 mins ago, sidelock said:

Nice boast Bob, I thought you were having a Layton build.

Doug is only building the tideline cats now. It’s my fault for introducing them :)

Sea Ox wasn’t an option until a few years ago. They are putting out about a boat a week right now. They’re killing it and they should be!

"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

4 mins ago, Rocdoc said:

Nice boat!

Thanks, again you’re more than welcome to meet up with me and fish a day. 

Dont go 18ft. You’ll regret that as soon as you start getting reports of big fish at block or beyond. Like I said I have been fishing those exact locations you will be for probably 15 years. 

Youre also more more than welcome to call and talk boats. I have worked my entire life in the marine industry. 

Sea ox was always a nice boat.   What do they draft. ?   

What size sail boat did you have ? 

A 21 ft is a nice size to trailer if your going in that route?   23’ starts to get big.     I love 24’ boat but to trailer?   I don’t trailer my Mako   Only once a year in and out ?      

How far out are you going?   Are you staying inside ?    Just a couple of thoughts?    

To bad you don’t live around this area  

north of Boston , my brother law is selling his 23 cuddly    Its older but keep up nice  He has two boats one is going?    I would have sent you a message but your under 15 post ?  

When you get to 15. Send me a message if interested ?