Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Filing taxes.. Pain in the arse question

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Ok so to summarize had to do an ammeded return last year, filing taxes this year straight forward standard deduction turbo tax stuff, every time we sumbmit it gets regected saying last years AGI is incorrect, called IRS they sent a letter with the correct AGI from last year, put that number in and get the same response (incorrect AGI from last year)

wtf to do?

Don't pay your taxes. Then when the irs hunts you down, sue turbotax for 10 million bucks. Winning!

Turbotax sucks. I am using it mainly for year to year convenience. 

I would call their turbotax number and ask them what number that application is looking for.

Open up forms, put in correct numbers and mail in your taxes. That's why I don't e file, I don't want to battle a computer to enter updated info.

1 hour ago, SB59 said:

Open up forms, put in correct numbers and mail in your taxes. That's why I don't e file, I don't want to battle a computer to enter updated info.

Yes. Turbo Tax is handy but it's the ludicrous electronic filing fees on top of the product price that kill me.  I'm not in that big a hurry to get a few bucks back (or pay). 

Wondering if this changed with the reduction in filing options this year?  You know, like the one that killed my "non reimbursed employee mileage expense"  Bullsheet but that's a sidebar.

If you used turbo tax last year? You still have files saved? I can open up last years and look at numbers that turbotax imports into this years

2 hours ago, mako20ft said:

Wondering if this changed with the reduction in filing options this year?  You know, like the one that killed my "non reimbursed employee mileage expense"  Bullsheet but that's a sidebar.

Yeah.  I noticed I got effed on that this year. 

24 mins ago, makomakoman said:

Yeah.  I noticed I got effed on that this year. 

I get it...maybe it's something I should have checked but seriously?  I'm not an accountant.  Costing me $3,650 this year.

Bottom line is this...my income didn't rise significantly with the "tax cut"...around $30 a week.  But now I owe double that.  Nice tax plan Uncle Sam. 

And one more thing.  If one more MF'er says to me..."you should have adjusted your withholding to account for the weekly pay bump" I'm gonna throttle em'.

Fuq good is a weekly pay bump if forced to ^^^ my withholding so my net is virtually the same?  Any doubts?  See post above on the mathematics.

End of rant...

On 3/24/2019 at 9:03 AM, Dave588 said:

If you used turbo tax last year? You still have files saved? I can open up last years and look at numbers that turbotax imports into this years

used turbo tax last year, then needed to do an amended return. now when putting in last years AGI it's rejected, called IRS, they sent a letter with what they have as last years AGI, put that number in and it still gets rejected. Fathers and Father in laws taxes went through no problem

6 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Rejected by the IRS after transmission or by Turbo Tax before sending?

after transmission