hunter123

Cabelas after BPS.

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Miss in the 90s when I would spend days writing out my order sheet ,  call and get some country bumpkin on the other end and she would take your order over the phone , always so nice and I guess impressed a kid was calling ordering so organized lol ... prices were great too . Once the bass tournys and stuff got big and more fishing on tv that opened up sponsorships and commercials etc... prices just kept going up and up to cover all their new crazy overhead 

6 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

Wasn't a kid, but an adult, that was kinda nasty about it, and wouldn't even get off his chair to show me the gun. So technically correct or not, that's not customer service. I could have easily gone back on MOnday and purchased it. But if you can't be bothered to show the gun, I can't be bothered to open my wallet. There are other gun shops around. Sadly though, a lot less than there was at one time.

Guess they don't work on commission there. Though I find stuff I like there I never seem to find what I went there for.

14 hours ago, scone said:

Though I find stuff I like there I never seem to find what I went there for.

Yeah I know what you mean. Went there for grease came home with coffee pods, go there for line, I end up with a new tackle box. Seems I have the same problem at the orange colored hardware type store, and the grocery store.

Went to the Hamburg Cabela's over the weekend got these Rapala Lures there .The Shelf had marked 1499 the register running it up as 2499 luckily we stayed there overnight went back the next day at the service counter they were telling me they were 2499 I walked back to the Rack and there was a guy there already printing stickers up that said 2499 really seems like a ****how. I took four of them then for 1499. I'm pretty sure there's something illegal about marking a price on something that doesn't have a price tag and then having it rang up $10 more at the door.eff you bass pro

20190414_092901.jpg

20190414_092829.jpg

On 4/15/2019 at 7:24 AM, Ditchbag said:

Went to the Hamburg Cabela's over the weekend got these Rapala Lures there .The Shelf had marked 1499 the register running it up as 2499 luckily we stayed there overnight went back the next day at the service counter they were telling me they were 2499 I walked back to the Rack and there was a guy there already printing stickers up that said 2499 really seems like a ****how. I took four of them then for 1499. I'm pretty sure there's something illegal about marking a price on something that doesn't have a price tag and then having it rang up $10 more at the door.eff you bass pro

20190414_092901.jpg

20190414_092829.jpg

20190416_080854.jpg

20190416_080845.jpg

Best buy from cable's over the years was their waders which are lifetime guarantee.  Turned two pair winnover the years for new ones.   I would send my last pair in but they dont make bootfoot anymore in the cables guide version.  Big business just gets in the way of life sometimes.