Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Grilled shrimp marinade go...

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Picked up some wild gulf shrimp and looking to skewer and grill them for dinner, marinades? Or just olive oil garlic salt and Cajun spices mixed and soaked for 1hr

I like mixing honey and soy sauce to taste, Some fresh garlic, and ginger. The leaving all day.

OK some people call that teriyaki sauce but I find most store bought brands way too salty. Mixing my own, I can let the flavors I prefer come through.

Your choice of the olive oil, salt etc, also works for me!

I make teriyaki sauce but its equal parts soya sauce, sake and mirin.  Garlic, ginger, scallions optional   

Grilled shrimp-  garlic, parsley minced with some olive oil and a little bread crumb. S/P.  Smear it on but not so it’s a bread coating, just enough crumbs to help distribute the herbs. 

I typically don't marinade shrimp, but there's a few different 'go to' recipes.  One is just seasoned with smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt and grilled over high heat.

Another is to season with the smoked paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, cardamom, salt and white pepper.  On the side, mix up some honey, orange juice, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and red pepper flakes.  Grill the shrimp and as they're finishing, brush on the orange/honey glaze.

You can also do a quick "marinade" for an herb shrimp.  Rice wine vinegar, lime juice, Olive oil, red pepper flake, Thyme, Oregano, marjoram, granulated garlic, rosemary (very light on the rosemary), salt, white pepper.  Mix and reserve some on the side. "Marinate" the shrimp for 5-10 minutes.  Grill the shrimp and use the reserve marinade to brush the shrimp while on the grill.

16 hours ago, Sandflee said:

Trying to do a close scampi flavor but grilled

Olive oil with about half a head of fresh crushed garlic, a bit of white wine or lemon juice, a small splash Worcestershire Sauce, maybe some Old Bay Seasoning (or just dried thyme and oregano),

MArinade for up to two hours. Don't go too long or the acid will start to make shrimp ceviche.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:04 AM, Steve in Mass said:

Olive oil with about half a head of fresh crushed garlic, a bit of white wine or lemon juice, a small splash Worcestershire Sauce, maybe some Old Bay Seasoning (or just dried thyme and oregano),

MArinade for up to two hours. Don't go too long or the acid will start to make shrimp ceviche.

ended up going with olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire, cajun seasoning 2hrs then skewered it

sprinkled with some cajun seasoning before it hit the grill

side of

olive oil, garlic, fresh diced tomatoes and fresh grated parmesan cheese and tossed in zucchini noodles (sooo much better than pasta it's not even funny)