Tom T

ROONERS VII - BIG (DRUNK) MICK

Rate this topic

3,216 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, TimS said:

Thursday night is still a go...repeat, green light for Thursday night. There’s still a beers in the beverage fridge you guys didn’t drink last time :squid: 

And I got some fancy honey mead from a recent trip to what I imagine Jase’s neighborhood looks like in the mountains of Virginia...gravel roads and mountain laurel in place of asphalt and street signs :th:

TimS

Thanks for the invite Tim. Sadly, I have this stupid thing called a job, so I will not be getting to the motel until later Thursday night, please throw a tidbit to the coons for me.

And while I have to leave the motel around 3am on Saturday morning, because of that stupid thing mentioned above, I do hope to enjoy a few brews with everyone after the trip.:beers:

And please tell Terry that no one on ocracoke has ever heard of his rig...

Edited by ByronPA

12 mins ago, TimS said:

You staying here or the Atlantic? 

Boss, crashing with last year's Old Grandpa Spook award recipient but will be at your shindig. Atlantic on Friday.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, makomakoman said:

Starts as a conventional and fishes as a spinning rod.   Takes the torque away. 

I’ve built a few.  I usually get the stink eye when they see them.  

His reel  looks small for that acid wrap.  You really need to match the reel with the rod on them. 

Its a Tsunami slow pitch jigging rod. When going conventional (they also making a spinning version) you definitely want a low profile baitcaster.

Acid wrap = spiral wrapped guides.

Edited by Sheisty

1 min ago, Sheisty said:

Its a Tsunami slow pitch jigging rod. When going conventional you definitely want a low profile bait caster.

Why aren't you on this trip?

3 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Its a Tsunami slow pitch jigging rod. When going conventional you definitely want a low profile bait caster.

^^^^^^^Giving rod advice....:laugh:

24 mins ago, JaseB said:

Boss, crashing with last year's Old Grandpa Spook award recipient but will be at your shindig. Atlantic on Friday.

:th: 

22 mins ago, Sheisty said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say. :shrug:  

i was just saying from Frank’s picture, the spacing from the reel thru the first two guides looked off.  Ie, the rod looks to be paired with a bigger spool than his.  But I shall see it when the man stumbles on the boat. 

1 min ago, Kneel said:

While you are editing, Tommy.  Please send Y back to the bottom of the waiting list.  Thanks. :th: 

He would show up like a fungus anyway.

2 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

If I could find someone to sit with weeble,  I would already be hitch hiking that way :bucktooth:

Send down our resident nurse, RR. He will take care of her.

5 mins ago, JMB said:

Send down our resident wet nurse, RR. He will take care of her.

You sicko.

Edited by JaseB