Reed422

SUP

Rate this topic

458 posts in this topic

Any of you ever Stand Up Paddleboard? Thinking about getting an inflatable to use in ponds and rivers. Seems like there is such a range of products out there. 

I bought my wife a nice board a few years ago.

Honestly, its boring as all hell unless you are in the surf.  There it is a lot of fun, but beyond that....I don't get it.  Other than the fact that people with sup stickers on their cars are probably bigger douchenozzles than the saltlife folk

I'd most likely put a cooler on it and fish off it. I don't like dicking around on the water without a fishing rod, it bores me.

6 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I'd most likely put a cooler on it and fish off it. I don't like dicking around on the water without a fishing rod, it bores me.

Don't you already have a kayak?

5 mins ago, Reed422 said:

In that case I definity see the appeal... You have an outlet (12 volt or otherwise) at the rear cargo area of the jeep? 

11 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Don't you already have a kayak?

I do but I keep it at my brothers and it's a royal pain in the ass. I used to drive around with it on my car for weeks at a time and I'm done with that. I'd also need to get a hard top for my jeep in order to transport that. I didn't use the kayak once last year, and don't plan on it this year. I wouldn't sell my kayak because I wouldn't get enough money for it so I'll just hang on to it until I move in a year or two.

10 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

In that case I definity see the appeal... You have an outlet (12 volt or otherwise) at the rear cargo area of the jeep? 

I don't think that I do. Can't you use a battery powered or cigarette lighter powered air compressor? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I don't think that I do. Can't you use a battery powered or cigarette lighter powered air compressor? 

Don't you have 12vt on the center console, facing back passenger seats? Thought all Jeeps did.

Edited by PlumFishing

1 min ago, PlumFishing said:

Don't you have 12vt on the center console, facing back passenger seats? Thought all Jeeps did.

Is that a cigarette lighter? I know I have one in the front seat.

7 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I do but I keep it at my brothers and it's a royal pain in the ass. I used to drive around with it on my car for weeks at a time and I'm done with that. I'd also need to get a hard top for my jeep in order to transport that. I didn't use the kayak once last year, and don't plan on it this year. I wouldn't sell my kayak because I wouldn't get enough money for it so I'll just hang on to it until I move in a year or two.

Yeah that's where I'm headed with this... roll it out and inflate it,  fish,  deflate it roll it back up ,and throw it back in the rear cargo area... easy peasy light fishing platform for warm breezeless days on small ponds and calm inlets 

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Is that a cigarette lighter? I know I have one in the front seat.

Should be a power outlet.  Correction to above, it is 115v.

Edited by PlumFishing

20 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Yeah that's where I'm headed with this... roll it out and inflate it,  fish,  deflate it roll it back up ,and throw it back in the rear cargo area... easy peasy light fishing platform for warm breezeless days on small ponds and calm inlets 

Yeah there's a river I'd like to go with the tide fish some feeder creeks and then ride the tide back. 

It seems difficult to get unbiased info on these boards. Most of the sites that have reviews have amazon affiliate links where they get paid if one buys a board off the link.