Help needed to make mother of junior fisherman's dream come true.

Rate this topic

JacquiJ

16 hours ago, JacquiJ said:

I wish I could take you all out for dinner <3

I wish that junior can spent some more time here, in USA,.fishing, going from Massachusetts south all the way down to Florida.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blank Disc said:

What did they catch? 

She didn’t go into a lot of details, but the jist of it was,

they had a short but very memorable great time here in the U.S.

(I didn’t ask about the fishing part) 

Hopefully Jacqui can weigh in and give us the updates?

1 min ago, Ben Lippen said:

Really no reason to cast aspersions like that. 

No reason at all.

I removed his post, it was inappropriate...so I’m also going to edit it from your post :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:06 AM, TroutGhost said:

Scam. 

Hey Tim, did you check the IP address of the OP to see if it's coming from Ireland AND from a legit ISP and not a web host.

Check if the IP addy is from Eastern Europe or India.

I checked the IP number the minute I read her first post - it is in Ireland. And the other two IP addresses she used, also in Ireland.  Not a web host. I’m always on the look out for fraud here, this was not fraud. 

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

24 mins ago, TimS said:

I checked the IP number the minute I read her first post - it is in Ireland. And the other two IP addresses she used, also in Ireland.  Not a web host. I’m always on the look out for fraud here, this was not fraud. 

TimS

That's great Tim. Sometimes there are decent people out there.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

13 hours ago, TimS said:

I removed his post, it was inappropriate...so I’m also going to edit it from your post :)

TimS

I didn't mean anything inappropriate

It was just add to me that after all that effort no-one would post .any updates

And reading the post above mine, now deleted, that was never answered

I was just wandering

14 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Really no reason to cast aspersions like that. 

No reason at all.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Doubt is good, and confirmation is good, also.

One should always be aware, that there are pretty rich people here  and for some it isnt too much to go round about ways to get closer to those.

Just saying.

Not that I imply that to this case.

1 min ago, glos said:

Doubt is good, and confirmation is good, also.

One should always be aware, that there are pretty rich people here  and for some it isnt too much to go round about ways to get closer to those.

Just saying.

Not that I imply that to this case.

Did you also know that I made it clear from the beginning that nobody was asking for money. She asked for help, contacts, information - people offered all of that and tackle. No money. 

Bottom line is every time someone asks  the members here to ‘help them out’ we do everything possible to make sure they are legit. I’ve been doing this for twenty years now, the number of people helped over the years by the members here is in the triple digits. They are vetted as thoroughly as possible, before anyone asks us to :)

TimS

21 mins ago, Popasilov said:

I didn't mean anything inappropriate

You wrote ‘Or was this a real scum?’ - that’s inappropriate. 

I just read through the thread and missed where you offered to help. Anyone that helped her out is welcome to ask respectfully for an update. People that just watched others help her out don’t get to accuse her of fraud because they - who did nothing - didn’t get a satisfactory update...much less suggest they were ‘real scum’. 

TimS

5 hours ago, TimS said:

Did you also know that I made it clear from the beginning that nobody was asking for money. She asked for help, contacts, information - people offered all of that and tackle. No money. 

Bottom line is every time someone asks  the members here to ‘help them out’ we do everything possible to make sure they are legit. I’ve been doing this for twenty years now, the number of people helped over the years by the members here is in the triple digits. They are vetted as thoroughly as possible, before anyone asks us to :)

TimS

Yes, I knew.

But as I said,  round about comes to my mind..

it may be that eventualy some whale offers some other things as a sign of good will, eventualy.

This world is dubious in many ways. And nigerians are small kids in comparison to some carefully planed and executed things.

It`s nice for you all to help

but it`s also legit for some to doubt and suspect.

And I have to say, that avatar image looks like it`s meant to worn in advance..

No pun intended, to miss Jacqui, just my honest opinion. That has been corrected by the latest news about the matter.