JacquiJ

Help needed to make mother of junior fisherman's dream come true.

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JacquiJ said:

Hi all, just a quick update. We're slowly but surely inching towards our fundraising target. We reckon another couple of weeks should do it. We are then going to meet with our friend and let her know what we've done and hopefully then, we can identify dates with her that will fit in with her treatment programme. Thank you all so very much for your kindness and patience, and as soon as I know more, I will get back to you. If anyone needs any specific details, please do not hesitate to PM me.

 

Thanks again :-)

Please send sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your patience and in particular, your very generous offers of help and support.

 

We finally reached the end of our fundraising, albeit a little short of our target. But we managed to raise enough for plane fares and accommodation in New York. We met up with our sick friend the day before yesterday and told her what we'd done and to say she is shocked and utterly thrilled is an understatement! There were tears and laughter and lots of planning about how best to do this. It's been decided that this has to happen sooner rather than later so she and her son are booked to fly to NY on the 23rd May - he is excited beyond belief. However, for various reasons, the trip will be a little shorter than anticipated. They will be in the States from the 23rd until the 29th, spending four days in NY and two days elsewhere.

 

When we factored in how little time there is available to get the train to Boston, the cost of travel and accommodation etc., it was decided that it just isn't possible. However, she has a relative in Connecticut who she can stay with for a couple of days and who will take them fishing and collect them from NY and drive them back to the airport when it's time to return.

 

What I really want to say, though, is thank you, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts here in Dublin. I kept my friends up to speed with all your kind offers and told my sick pal about your generosity of time, spirit and immense kindness. She is now sorry that she won't get to meet any of you. She and my friends have asked me to convey our profound gratitude to you all - we will never forget the willingness of strangers to help us out without question or expectation of anything in return. In a world that often feels bleak and selfish, we can lose sight of the inherent goodness and kindness of people.

 

So again, thank you all so very much, and in particular; TimS, Dthfrmabove, EastEndAngler, Southcoastphil, SharkLobster, Cabo and nicknotsebastian. I nearly feel like a member of this amazing fishing community now - even though I don't know a thing about fishing! I will remember you all fondly and with great respect. Much love to you all.

 

Jacqui xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that I speak for all of us in the SOL community to wish you all a trip filled with new experiences, lots of joy and many delights.  May the memories of this journey forever bring smiles to your faces, even in tough times.

 

I'll echo Shawn's feelings as well, again from all of us:  "Godspeed Jacqui to you and your friends..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

I believe that I speak for all of us in the SOL community to wish you all a trip filled with new experiences, lots of joy and many delights.  May the memories of this journey forever bring smiles to your faces, even in tough times.

 

I'll echo Shawn's feelings as well, again from all of us:  "Godspeed Jacqui to you and your friends..."

Just picked up on this; here's to the SOL community.

 

JacquiJ hope the young angler has the time of his life, to bad his stay was not longer. But since there is friends in Connecticut they should have a great time.

Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure that some of our members from CT will chime in and offer few advice where and how.

Maybe act as guides.

Wish you all the best

God bless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work at CT's Kensington trout and salmon hatchery. We would be happy to have you visit and take a tour. I can give you my boss's name and number if it's something you're interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ And the offers just keep coming :)

Jaqui, I'm so glad that you could get this worked out ! And I'm, as always, so proub of our "little" website. The Sol community has never, ever failed to come to the aid of someone in need.  I surely hope that your friends have a chance to hook up with at least one of our so many members here in the area. 

Good on you, Jaqui, for being such a great and devoted friend. God bless all who have helped. 

I would only ask that you provide us with a follow up post or ten ;) to let us all know how the trip goes. Pictures would be great too .

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

Pictures would be great , too.

Not fish; I am sure that all of us would like to see a smile on junior's face.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Yes

Pictures would be great , too.

Not fish; I am sure that all of us would like to see a smile on junior's face.

 

and Mom's smiles!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Jaqcui,

I just saw this thread.

I have a new Star S7000 reel (already spooled with power pro 40 braid line) that Im not using. I would very much like to give it to him (rather than collect dust on my shelf)

I would also gladly pay to ship it to their relative in CT. 

Pls. PM me if that’s feasible.

John

 

10CCE0F0-B93A-4574-AA93-ED6F6EDEF20A.jpeg

15151671-A569-400B-BC3E-5BD01FD8A3C9.jpeg

Edited by TheBlueLine
pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, JacquiJ said:

 

 

So again, thank you all so very much, and in particular; TimS, Dthfrmabove, EastEndAngler, Southcoastphil, SharkLobster, Cabo and nicknotsebastian. I nearly feel like a member of this amazing fishing community now - even though I don't know a thing about fishing! I will remember you all fondly and with great respect. Much love to you all.

 

Jacqui xx

Glad this all worked out for you. Again, not surprised about the support offered here, it is quite "the village".

 

Be well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2019 at 4:26 AM, TheBlueLine said:

Hi Jaqcui,

I just saw this thread.

I have a new Star S7000 reel (already spooled with power pro 40 braid line) that Im not using. I would very much like to give it to him (rather than collect dust on my shelf)

I would also gladly pay to ship it to their relative in CT. 

Pls. PM me if that’s feasible.

John

 

10CCE0F0-B93A-4574-AA93-ED6F6EDEF20A.jpeg

15151671-A569-400B-BC3E-5BD01FD8A3C9.jpeg

Thank you so much, John. I just showed the pic to his mother and she said he'd be over the moon to accept that. I'm going to private message you the address now if that's OK? x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.