JacquiJ

Help needed to make mother of junior fisherman's dream come true.

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

JacquiJ,

 

Shawn is a very good mate of mine, and I can personally (and gladly) vouch for both his integrity and his ability to catch fish.

 

I'll be happy to lend a full complement of lures that are appropriate for fishing in and around Boston and Cape Cod, as well as terminal tackle and a rod and reel or two.

 

I'm certain that some of our other local mates will jump in to help with tools, waders, wading boots, and anything else that he might need.  (We are all obsessed to varying degrees, so many of us have backup tools and gear, along with backups to our backups!)

 

To that end, would you kindly provide this young man's shoe size, height, weight, etc?

 

I'll be out of town the second week of June, but I'd love to fish with him and Shawn as schedules allow.

 

All the best,

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ja

On 3/23/2019 at 10:18 PM, JacquiJ said:

Thank you very much, EastEndAngler :-)

Jacqui

im from the Boston harbor area , what i would like to do if you permit me to is allow me to pay for a charter here in Boston . We have a captain right here in Boston harbor that is also on this site Jason Colby of little sisters charters . If you allow and are interested and the dates work with both of your schdules i can reach out to him about getting this done ! Would this be of any interest to you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Southcoastphil said:

JacquiJ,

 

Shawn is a very good mate of mine, and I can personally (and gladly) vouch for both his integrity and his ability to catch fish.

 

I'll be happy to lend a full complement of lures that are appropriate for fishing in and around Boston and Cape Cod, as well as terminal tackle and a rod and reel or two.

 

I'm certain that some of our other local mates will jump in to help with tools, waders, wading boots, and anything else that he might need.  (We are all obsessed to varying degrees, so many of us have backup tools and gear, along with backups to our backups!)

 

To that end, would you kindly provide this young man's shoe size, height, weight, etc?

 

I'll be out of town the second week of June, but I'd love to fish with him and Shawn as schedules allow.

 

All the best,

Phil

Phil, thank you very much for your offer. As soon as I get the information you've requested, I will get straight back to you :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, shark lobster said:

Ja

Jacqui

im from the Boston harbor area , what i would like to do if you permit me to is allow me to pay for a charter here in Boston . We have a captain right here in Boston harbor that is also on this site Jason Colby of little sisters charters . If you allow and are interested and the dates work with both of your schdules i can reach out to him about getting this done ! Would this be of any interest to you ?

Shark Lobster, I'm overwhelmed by your very kind offer, that would be amazing. I met with my friends last night to try to work out how we are going to put all this together and we hope to have more details about when our sick friend and her son can travel in the next couple of weeks. I will get back to you as soon as we've firmed up dates. 

 

Thanks again to all of you - what an amazing community you are <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, JacquiJ said:

Phil, thank you very much for your offer. As soon as I get the information you've requested, I will get straight back to you :-) 

Happy to help.  

 

(BTW, SharkLobster is also a good mate, with integrity and he knows how to catch fish.  Great guy for fishing greater Boston!)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Cabo2005 said:

I have equipment I can donate if needed.

Cabo

Good man.

 

Just purchased a bunch of sluggos and plastic swimmers that he could prolly use!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Southcoastphil said:

Good man.

 

Just purchased a bunch of sluggos and plastic swimmers that he could prolly use!

The Irish side is my Princess.

Cabo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks like he will be well-guided and well-equipped during his visit.

 

(I'm not surprised at your collective generosity.)

Edited by Southcoastphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, EastEndAngler said:

Jacqui,

  Unsurprised by the offers from members on this site, 99% of SOL are good people. I'll throw my hat in the ring. I split my time between NYC and Eastern Long Island where I fish.  Feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance.

 

 

just seeing this string.  i am also a split april-november between nyc and the outer cape (truro).  i am fishing as often as possible and always happy to bring along company.  

 

i have boats and all sorts of in-shore, off-shore, and fly gear.  i even have a license (but don’t do professionally or take money).

 

when you have a timetable, wire frame itinerary - let me know and see if we can make something happen :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, just a quick update. We're slowly but surely inching towards our fundraising target. We reckon another couple of weeks should do it. We are then going to meet with our friend and let her know what we've done and hopefully then, we can identify dates with her that will fit in with her treatment programme. Thank you all so very much for your kindness and patience, and as soon as I know more, I will get back to you. If anyone needs any specific details, please do not hesitate to PM me.

 

Thanks again :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.