bonefishdick

First Day of Spring

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy First Day of Spring, I know for many they felt like it would not get here fast enough. For me it got here very fast.

Yesterday I just got home from the hospital after surgery to remove another tumor from inside my mouth and I will be starting Immunotherapy next week to treat one other tumor that was discovered in an area that cannot handle  any More radiation. At the present time I just have to now rest and heal up and deal with the pain of the skin graft they had to do as part of the surgery on my mouth.

I suspect now that it is spring the weather will dramatically improve and the fish migration will begin, hopefully I will be fit enough to greet them, I certainly will do my best to do just that.

I had an issue with my pc which I was able to resolve otherwise I would have put this up earlier. This is a picture of the skingraft on my thigh, it is one sore son of a gun, no wading until this puppy heals up for damn sure.

P1100967sol.JPG.4af2bb311cc04c61a97cbc4b53eb039f.JPG

BFD:  I am sure I speak for us all when I say, that if we could shoulder some of the pain from your shoulders we would.  Instead, we offer our prayers for your fast recovery and a quick return to the water you love so dearly.

Do what the doctors say...Remember it's only fishing.As the Fishhawk says "Keep fighting" and stay positive.Break out the tying vise and get to work.That's what I did last year when my ankle kept me out of boats,waders,and just walking on sand.

As I had mentioned before, hoping the area of the graft donation is the worst of it for you. Had a graft from my thigh taken when I was 9 months old. It heals up so others wouldn't see it without pointing it out.

I am also laid up. Blew out knee and am waiting, (a week so far) to just get in to see the surgeon for a replacement. Navigating this health insurance is an absolute nightmare!

nightfigher hopefully things will move along smoothly for you but the insurance companies rule the roost these days. Unfortunately you picked the wrong time of the year for a knee replacement but you have to put things in their place and taking care of number one is the first priority.

Fortunately for me I am well beyond worrying about what I look like, especially what my leg looks like. My big concern now is getting just getting back to a point where I can start fishing again.

I hope things move quickly for you, take one day at a time and best wishes.