NCAA 2019, news and Views

Rate this topic

Little

On 3/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, TLap21 said:

Looks like we both got 14 of the sweet 16.  I have all elite 8 and beyond still alive, and you're missing just one elite 8 thus far, in Nova.  

Only one seed above a 5 left is fairly surprising to me!  

And I came here to ask a question.  I've never really gambled or pooled with a bracket.

Now I've lost several games, but like you said, im back to 14 of 16.  Thats pretty good right?

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Normally, yes, it's very good.  This year has had no real Cinderella teams, so a lot of people are doing well that didn't go crazy with the upset picks.  

If you nail the final 4 and championship game with the winner, you typically win the pool.  Last year was pretty crazy with an 11 seeded Loyola making the final 4, so no one had them.  In a pool, the points get higher each round for a correct pick, so it's ok to lose early, as long as you don't lose your elite 8 or better teams!  

6 hours ago, TLap21 said:

Normally, yes, it's very good.  This year has had no real Cinderella teams, so a lot of people are doing well that didn't go crazy with the upset picks.  

If you nail the final 4 and championship game with the winner, you typically win the pool.  Last year was pretty crazy with an 11 seeded Loyola making the final 4, so no one had them.  In a pool, the points get higher each round for a correct pick, so it's ok to lose early, as long as you don't lose your elite 8 or better teams!  

Full disclosure, this is the first bracket I can remember even keeping this long usually worthless by now

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand