big popper

R I STATE HOUSE TODAY...

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

For those that are interested, there is a rally at the statehouse beginning at 3pm tomorrow, Tuesday March 19th. Many do not know of the rally taking place tomorrow, which is needed to show how the proposed legislation is negatively impacting its residents, many of which do nothing to actually curb gun crime/violence. Proposed legislation would make many law abiding normal Rhode Islanders into criminals. Many Rhode Islanders who are both non gun owners and gun owners are not happy with the proposed legislation that will be heard Tuesday which include the following but not limited to:

10% increased tax sale regarding all items correlating to firearms such as ammo, firearms, parts, services, club dues etc . (Self explanatory as the negatives)

An “assault weapon” ban. Firearms to be destroyed or turned in with no compensation. (Legislation is worded so that all semi automatic [one trigger pull, one bullet] firearms are banned). There is a stipulation of registering these and “grandfathering” them, however groups such as the Rhode Island Coalition against gun violence (whom have banned my personal, gaming, and other created Facebook pages from commenting after providing govt stats to some its supporters who were surprised at the evidence I was showing) have already come out saying that there will be a full ban if this legislation passes. It is also within the RI constitution that there cannot be a registration of firearms, which entail means a full ban.

Any magazine over 10 rounds shall be banned, no grandfathering, magazines must be turned in or destroyed with no compensation.

All license to carry permits shall be processed through the AG and no longer through your local police department.

So I think that if you support gun ownership and gun control both you should attend and listen to what the pols have to say, get a copy of the legislation and read it all the way through,

The legislation would not make law abiding citizens into criminals only those citizens who do not abide by the law. Nice try

Why do you need more than 10 rounds in a magazine when you are hunting for anything if you cannot hunt with 10 or less you suck at firing your weapon. I mean if you are defending your home a Remington 1100 12 ga. semi auto with 6 (1 in the chamber) rounds will clear any door, hallway or back yard pretty quickly.

And explain to me why you need an AR15 or other bump stock ready weapon at all. 

And if the law is passed then get other the people who voted for it out of office, but maybe this is the will of the majority of the people.

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Quonnie said:

The legislation would not make law abiding citizens into criminals only those citizens who do not abide by the law. Nice try

:dismay:  speechless... just go turn in all of YOUR 10 + Magazines if that makes you feel better about something,  and leave the rest of the law abiding gun owners  alone ... hows that for a solution 

Edited by RiverRaider

16 mins ago, Quonnie said:

So I think that if you support gun ownership and gun control both you should attend and listen to what the pols have to say, get a copy of the legislation and read it all the way through,

Why do you need more than 10 rounds in a magazine when you are hunting for anything if you cannot hunt with 10 or less you suck at firing your weapon. I mean if you are defending your home a Remington 1100 12 ga. semi auto with 6 (1 in the chamber) rounds will clear any door, hallway or back yard pretty quickly.

And if the law is passed then get other the people who voted for it out of office, but maybe this is the will of the majority of the people.

All very good points.  

48 mins ago, Quonnie said:

Nice try...

IF YOU GIVE AN INCH THEY TAKE A MILE!!!

What do you work for Remington...not everyone can fire a 12GA. and read up on home invasions usually  3 or 4 scumbags force there way into a home.

Edited by big popper

2 hours ago, Quonnie said:

It’s not the bill of needs, Karen. 

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

All very good points.  

Jeez kooky, I knew you were a pusssy but I didn’t know you were a bitch! 

Criminals by the very definition of their role in life, do NOT FOLLOW LAWS. 

Further firearm restriction only furthers the controls placed on law abiding citizens.  Law abiding citizens will continue to abide all laws, because by their very definition they ARE NOT CRIMINALS.

The issue of how many rounds a magazine can hold is stupid, one can argue that since the law is a speed limit of 55 cars should not exceed 55 mph in Rhode Island and if you travel to where the law is 65mph.  Welp... your vehicle is registered in Rhode Island so you only get to go 55 max in a 65.  Sounds fair?  That is the level of ludicrous youve just shown this msg board.  

The issues should be tackled as MENTAL HEALTH issues.  The stigma surrounding mental health needs to be dealt with and services should be provided to assist these folks in need.  

That is the thing with message boards, anyone can say anything and assume they are correct, even when they have no ****ing clue.  Its NOT a firearm problem, its a MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM. 

Firearms are in-animate objects.

Edited by ThrowingTimber

14 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Jeez kooky, I knew you were a pusssy but I didn’t know you were a bitch! 

wow, and good morning to you also :howdy:......  Somebody needs to go fishing........

Sorry i feel there is no need for automatic weapons, clips that hold large volumes of ammo, etc.  They arent used for hunting so why have them?  I understand that the majority of owners are good citizens who respect the rules and laws.  But the problem is the same laws that put these in the hands of law abiding citizens, also put them in the hands of insane people who use them to kill innocents.

My wife works in a school and my kids attend schools, im all set with some whacka-doo using an AR with over 10 rounds to mow down kids in a school.  Just my opinion, dont expect others to agree its just my opinion.....

For the limp wristed salt life girlie men trying to make you and your family less safe

Edited by HugeDinghy

Very few people "Need" to drive anything larger than a KIA Soul

I bet a lot of Gun Grabbers Drive Big F-150's or full size SUV's 

Let's start really addressing public health and safety concerns and introduce some laws that limit engine displacement, vehicle size and weight.

For the Children

19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

You’re a threat to my families safety. 

Simple as that. 

I’m sure all the families of slain innocent victims of mass shootings would say the same thing to you, and people who resist logical gun control. All guns used in crimes were once purchased legally, by law abiding citizens.

And, unfortunately, usually stolen by the likes of you and yours. But at least we are focusing on a real problem now. 

If  you actually cared about victims you would be focusing on illegal handguns,  but you don’t because they really only kill people of color. 

Edited by HugeDinghy