Jsnake4

Yozuri super braid

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Needed to get new braid for a cpl new reels and wanted to replace some old braid. Relatively new here but was really hawking the braid thread. Decided on the yozuri super braid and got it from amazon for a reasonable price. So far very very impressed with it. Surprised that I don’t hear more about it. Just loaded a new penn slammer 3 with about 250 yards of 15lb. Anyone else use it?

I spooled up a reel with the 15# late last year, didn't get much use though. I'll be putting it through the ringer this spring though.

Been using it for a while now. Has some coil memory, isn't very smooth but doesn't hurt fingers, casts very good, very strong with good abrasion, and most importantly you get all that for cheap money. Urged people to try it for while now, because like the above comment you get many different opinions on braid, but I think it is one of the best economical braids, if not the best, I have used

After reading about the yozuri super braid,i have purchased a few spools to try out soon.

Looking forward in finding out what it's like

11 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Been using it for a while now. Has some coil memory, isn't very smooth but doesn't hurt fingers, casts very good, very strong with good abrasion, and most importantly you get all that for cheap money. Urged people to try it for while now, because like the above comment you get many different opinions on braid, but I think it is one of the best economical braids, if not the best, I have used

Is it lasting? I’m still trying a bunch of braids specifically watching for longevity. So far I’ve had issues with j-braid, berkley fireline crystal, all the spiderwire braids. Suffix is better but still wears faster than I had hoped. Surprisingly power pro original and pp slick seem to be lasting the longest for me for now. 

Gotta try the yuzori. I like 10 in the lagoon, 20 off the beach but I might up it to 15  & 30.

seems like all braid sucks for me these days. I was tying an FG knot using Berkeley crystal 10 & cinching down hard snapped it. Pulled about 15 meters off, put my gloves on and fairly easily managed to break it so I’m gonna have to respool that reel with something else...

12 hours ago, icarussound said:

Is it lasting? I’m still trying a bunch of braids specifically watching for longevity. So far I’ve had issues with j-braid, berkley fireline crystal, all the spiderwire braids. Suffix is better but still wears faster than I had hoped. Surprisingly power pro original and pp slick seem to be lasting the longest for me for now. 

Gotta try the yuzori. I like 10 in the lagoon, 20 off the beach but I might up it to 15  & 30.

seems like all braid sucks for me these days. I was tying an FG knot using Berkeley crystal 10 & cinching down hard snapped it. Pulled about 15 meters off, put my gloves on and fairly easily managed to break it so I’m gonna have to respool that reel with something else...

I'm probably not the best person for long term evaluations because I go through so much line dealing with structure, snags, and googan tangles but rate it better than both PP. Recently used J Grand and that is another I strongly urge you to try, nothing bad to say about that stuff so far and held up to strong abuse in a short period. I will definitely trying more than the 30lb I tried

Off topic, but I love how yozuri claims new technology fibers on their marketing when izanas is just the new name for dyneema, which has been around forever. 

49 mins ago, Fishjerk said:

Off topic, but I love how yozuri claims new technology fibers on their marketing when izanas is just the new name for dyneema, which has been around forever. 

Daiwa is claiming izanas. Is Yozuri doing the same? The stuff Yozuri use has the same S/W ratio as the more expensive PP Maxcuatro.

I’ve tried it, haven’t cared for it, too many wind knots as well as lack of sensitivity. Maybe I’m crazy, but switched back to power pro slick and those issues went away...IMO with different reel manufacturers it’s best to fish the braid they make. Shimano-powerpro Penn-spiderwire 

daiwa-J and with Cabo’s I’ve found 832 the best