mackerel hunter

RISSA Show Next Weekend

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Thinking of going to this show for the first time on friday and I'm also in the market for a ODM Genesis surf rod.  From your experience could I expect to find a good deal at the show or should I just buy local and pay the asking which is about $355.

One can always find some good deals at most shows, it will simply mean you walk around and talk with the dealers to find them.

It should be noted that the first 300 veterans on Friday will be free and all women and children will be free on Sunday .

So for those family members with a family going on Sunday could be a less expensive day to take along the wife and children now thats a budget saver for sure.

Like said walking around and talking to different vendors, you could find a deal usually.  But I have found the deals are not always a discounted price, but sometimes it is additional free items.

Worth going to the show to see before you fork over that much....

I would be going, but blew out knee Thursday and likely having replacement surgery.....

Usually get a hat or some other swag, but the rods typically aren't discounted much, if at all.  By the time you factor in travel, parking, and entrance fee(s), you're pretty much off-setting any potential savings anyway!  

Shows are a good way to burn a day in the winter, but I wouldn't go to one just for the purpose of getting a readily available item.  

21 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Worth going to the show to see before you fork over that much....

I would be going, but blew out knee Thursday and likely having replacement surgery.....

Good luck  with the knee. 

The "PENN" Team will be there all 3 days, I will be there Saturday and Sunday and they have me slated for 2 Seminars as well.  I have worked many Consumer Shows the past 10 years but it will be my first time at RISSA.

tony

1 hour ago, PENN Fishing said:

The "PENN" Team will be there all 3 days, I will be there Saturday and Sunday and they have me slated for 2 Seminars as well.  I have worked many Consumer Shows the past 10 years but it will be my first time at RISSA.

tony

Is Ron A going to be part of your booth this year?

Living on the Cape, this is the only show I attend every year and find it to be worthwhile. Lately the "jerky" booths have become overwhelming though.

Always a good show if you're in the market for something but don;t have access to it at local shops.  Typically anything you're considering for the season will be represented so you can at least put your hands on it before asking your local shop to order it.  As far as "show specials" I don't believe there's any significant savings on site.

Great show, some deals here and there, especially late on Sunday. Gets you cranked for Spring, see a lot of old friends, a lot of shooting the **** going on

4 hours ago, beerdoh said:

I've never been to this show. Are the crowds generally smaller on Friday?

If you served and have Id at least it will be free ,