bigfish95

Guy Cotton Efficient Surf Top

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, beerdoh said:

Still looking for the perfect summer wading jacket. How hard is it to make a lightweight, breathable, waterproof jacket or pullover with a hood, waterproof front pocket and sealed cuffs?

Check out Aquaskinz Raptor

So i went ahead and purchased one. it is very light with lots of room for additional layers providing you get the right size. ill say this about it deffinately get one size up than your used to wearing, i normally wear an XL and found that the xl efficient was a tad short on the arms. didnt inhibit casting but when you lean down with both arms stretched to manage a fish you will feel it become taught across the back. now it could just be that i have built up flexed muscle on my back or mechanically they didnt consider this movement when they developed the top. trading it in for an XXL solved the problem but it dose look like your wearing a garbage bag when you wear it. 

it is very comfortable to wear and has kept me dry for the few outings ive worn it. it will get warm in it even on a cooler day but you dont feel clammy. 

hope this helps      

So I ended up purchasing the jacket shortly after posting this thread. Overall I am impressed. Extremely lightweight to the point that it feels like paper and makes range of casting easy. However, easy enough to layer a hoodie or something underneath for slightly chillier temps. I have used the jacket in a rain storm with temperature around high 40s and Low 50s thus far and it out beat my current Stormr. No water intrusion at all unlike the stormr, kept me warm and dry. The only complaint I may have is the neck velcro flap. It is a little stiff and uncomfortable to have around your neck. It does a good job of keeping the water out but on a 75 degree day, I found it better to fold the flap down and get it out of the way.