bigfish95

Guy Cotton Efficient Surf Top

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Hey SOL, 

I have been taking a look at the Guy Cotton Efficient surf top... It stood out to me for the spring / summer and early fall months. It seems to be a good fit for warmer temps as it is super lightweight and looks comfortable/durable. However, I have not seen any review videos, or many written reviews on it. Does anyone have any feedback ? 

Tight lines

Posted (edited) · Report post

Take a look at this its not exactly a review since it is a sales rep talking it up but at least you could get an idea of its construction. I'm in the same boat concerning this top

Edited by TimS
I’m sorry but we don’t allow commercial links here.

How well does it breath? Some of their heavier tops don't breath so well. 

Is this something you would wear for hot summer downpours?

1 hour ago, beerdoh said:

How well does it breath? Some of their heavier tops don't breath so well. 

Is this something you would wear for hot summer downpours?

It's definitely not for summer weather. Trust me you can get HOT in it. As light as it is, if your walking any long distance or casting for hours it's not THAT light. Great surf top though, lighter then most

I use mine to stay dry as a splash top and rain jacket it's great. I wore it in driving rain down pours and stood completely dry. For my use I went with the latex sleeve; left as is would of cut off the circulation to my hands. I ended up trimming my back very carefully, removing 1/8th at a time till I was happy with the fit. As far as sizing goes, I did get a size larger than normal. Found it necessary for room needed in a unrestricted casting motion.

Lou T

Still looking for the perfect summer wading jacket. How hard is it to make a lightweight, breathable, waterproof jacket or pullover with a hood, waterproof front pocket and sealed cuffs?

I'm not gonna lie if I had to make one complaint about this jacket it's the damn hood!! Fished real windy conditions last night and the hood adjustment is awful if your casting into a big wind it blows right off you and you get soaked!! Great jacket besides that

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, ChewyBrigantine said:

I'm not gonna lie if I had to make one complaint about this jacket it's the damn hood!! Fished real windy conditions last night and the hood adjustment is awful if your casting into a big wind it blows right off you and you get soaked!! Great jacket besides that

Getting that velcro flap around the neck could be a better design your right. The hood must be off to secure the velcro flap around your neck. There are draw cords to help snug up the hood, takes some getting use to, but it is a difficult design as well.

Edited by Lou T

On 4/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, beerdoh said:

Still looking for the perfect summer wading jacket. How hard is it to make a lightweight, breathable, waterproof jacket or pullover with a hood, waterproof front pocket and sealed cuffs?

I’ve been screaming about this for years. Give me a waterproof pullover with a hood and sealed pocket/pouch.