ccb

Ad’s Half on the page blocking thread

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Using an iPad on SOL isn’t fun anymore. Ads all over the screen (good for Tim, sucks for us) makes it hard not to accidentally click them because of touch screen. And they slide all over the screen. If you scroll the screen up or down too fast, half the page turns blue until it catches up. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Apple I phones are worse?    Ad covers 1/4 of the page and then it seems like the page starts to slid over to the left?    the next thing is a small ad at the top and bottom of the page and it doesn't go away? 

Can't you put these ad's all to the right ?  Instead of over the text? 

Edited by ccb

3 hours ago, charloots said:

Using an iPad on SOL isn’t fun anymore. Ads all over the screen (good for Tim, sucks for us) makes it hard not to accidentally click them because of touch screen. And they slide all over the screen. If you scroll the screen up or down too fast, half the page turns blue until it catches up. 

Not good for anyone when that happens, I promise it's not good for Tim. The ad locations should not move...I've seen it happen recently as well. I've been working with the network folks for the past week trying to get these issues figured out. I had no idea the ads were interfering with use of the site. Ads are always annoying but they shouldn't interfere with the mechanics of using the site. I'll bring this up with the network folks. I'm sure there's some way to make it so the areas around the ads can be promoted so that if an ad gets outside of it's boundaries clicking on it won't open it.

TimS

1 hour ago, ccb said:

The Apple I phones are worse?    Ad covers 1/4 of the page and then it seems like the page starts to slid over to the left?    the next thing is a small ad at the top and bottom of the page and it doesn't go away? 

Can't you put these ad's all to the right ?  Instead of over the text? 

Obviously, they aren't supposed to be over the text. There is no "right" on phones, everything is one column :) 

We are working on the ads, we'll get it figured out :)

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

Because of these new ads , I notices the page moving left and Right ?  On the I phones 

So that the ad is off center?  So you can’t x it out ? 

Edited by ccb

Yes, if the page moves left/right that means an ad is off center - I just took a bunch of screenshots to discuss on Monday with the network ad folks.

TimS

I had two just now, one one the popped up first and then one came off the right side. The one on the right Is can x out. I did so about three times today.

Oh, and that congratulations thing is back. Lol