Bow3022

Question to those guys who use the D rings on their bag

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to use the belt loops on my bag sometimes. Or sometimes I just want to use my bag and not necessarily need my belt sometimes if i'm fishing from a dock or something. Do you have to use both d rings to equally distribute the load? Or can I just get away using just one d ring and clipping it on my belt?? Or will that strain it and lead to premature failure? Granted its a flatlander bag so, it seems bulletproof to me, but i have no experience using the d rings on my bag long term.

i dont use the belt loops at all unless its a 2 tube and it stays on belt

i have a D ring on belt twds small or my back / hip

carabiner on bag d-ring, just clip it to belt d-ring 

doesnt really take weight off, just use it to keep bag behind me and from swinging

It's a 2 tube bag that I have. Im not worried about taking the weight off my shoulders, i realize clipping it on won't do that. I just want to keep it out of the way when im casting or treking to a spot. I just wana make sure I don't damage my bag using only one d ring instead of both.

i dont think youll have any worry

i have the Salter with an add a tube and do the same with Gear Up 4 tube, loaded pretty heavy at times

theyre bulletproof and the d-ring to carabiner doesnt take much strain

bag stays where its supposed to, out of the way, centered in my back when casting, swimming, and climbing on rocks

im a righty, so just reach to my left hip/small or back with left hand and clip/unclip the bag to swing it around  to my front / right side for lure swaps,etc.

having a larger d-ring on front of the belt to slip the rod butt into up to the reel stem acts as a holder and makes life a lot easier too

The D-Rings original design was for only one side to be clipped to the belt not two. One side is clipped to reduce weight from shoulder and redirect the weight to your hips. The opposite D-Ring is for a coiled bag tether so that when the weight absorbing D-Ring is unclipped so bag can swing around for a plug change the bag is still tethered with the coiled cord. This is the way the system was ORIGINALLY designed to work, I never used belt loops, I'm sure people are using it in a manner best suited to their individual need. The weight distributing D-Ring also stops the bag from toppling over your shoulder and blocking your view when you bend over while unhooking a fish. Loss of the bag or belt is eliminated as they remain connected 100% of the time under any and all circumstances.

Go figure. In the beginning I thought that both d rings were put on the belt to distribute the load. I personally thought that was annoying to clip two things all the time to change lures, but one isnt so bad. Ive never heard of the coil tether either,which makes me curious, how did you find out that a coil was used?

14 hours ago, Bow3022 said:

Go figure. In the beginning I thought that both d rings were put on the belt to distribute the load. I personally thought that was annoying to clip two things all the time to change lures, but one isnt so bad. Ive never heard of the coil tether either,which makes me curious, how did you find out that a coil was used?

I invented the system  in 1982 and that's how it was designed to work since day one

Edited by SC

27 mins ago, Bow3022 said:

Ah, I apologize I didn’t know you were the one who came up with the system. Makes sense why you’re super knowledgeable in the subject. 

People modify things to work for themselves, their style and areas they fish. Likely many things in use today, they are being used in a manner they were not originally designed for.

Edited by SC

1 hour ago, SC said:

Because I invented the system in the first place  - 1982 and that's how it was designed to work since day one

You wouldn't know anything about this bag , would you ? Lol

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG